Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

NPrinting 17.2 refuses to install - cause?

We are trying to install NPrinting Server 17.2 in a VM with an untaintedWindows Server 2012 R2 with .NET 4.5.2. There is no other Qlik software installed. In short, there is no other software present at all. Just Windows.

Installations fail again and again, all in the same place (immediately after the RabbitMQ installation) with error 0x80070643. Each time we avoid an incomplete rollback (as documented in other community discussions about this issue) by restoring a snapshot of the initial VM. Nothing helps.

We followed advice from these other discussions:

Setup Failed - Qlik NPrinting Server 17.2.0.0 (no weird characters in Repository password)

Re: Nprinting Installation error (incomplete rollback causes trouble during next attempt)

We also followed the installation steps listed here: Installing Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Nothing works so far.

Does anybody have an idea what could be going wrong?

Peter

(At the moment, we're trying to install 17.1.2 in order to check whether that one works. We may then try to upgrade at a later time to 17.2.1 or 17.3 )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Apparently, all recent versions of NPrinting Server & Co should be installed using a local account. This account can be either the local Administrator or a member of the local Administrators group. Do not try to install NPrinting Server using a Domain Admin account because the RabbitMQ installation will fail (no explanation)

In any case, the account running the NPrinting services can be changed later on, so this shouldn't have any effect on the operation of NPrinting Server.

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Just a note: NPrinting 17.1.2 doesn't install either. Same problem.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Apparently, all recent versions of NPrinting Server & Co should be installed using a local account. This account can be either the local Administrator or a member of the local Administrators group. Do not try to install NPrinting Server using a Domain Admin account because the RabbitMQ installation will fail (no explanation)

In any case, the account running the NPrinting services can be changed later on, so this shouldn't have any effect on the operation of NPrinting Server.

Peter

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I´d the same situation. Like a workaround did:

- Remove IPV6 configurations and run the Microsoft Hotfix to remove;

- Increase the amount of memory;

- "Run as administrator";

- All services was configured with "servername\user";

Now, the installation was done

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
sujithgudipudij
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi All,

I was able to successfully install but the problem which i am going through is when i try to reload the metadata i am getting the below error " Request has been perged due to connection errors" did any one come across same issue?

Thanks,

Sujith