Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17.3.1 unable to edit Excel Template

I have installed NPrinting 17.3.1 (sever, engine and designer) on the same machine. I am able to to open Power Point and Word templates when report editor is selected. However, when attempt to open Excel I could see the NPrinting Designer window flashes and editor (excel) cannot be seen. I can see from task manager the designer is active. My office is v.2016 installed locally under office 365 corporate subscription.

Are there any reg keys preventing this.I have attempted after removing my Excel template from settings as well. Still the same.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
avinashelite

n which version you created the template ? try to open with the same version once and check

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is the same version of MS office. Only thing I suspect is there could have been windows updates. Going back on office updates is not an option. Any ideas?

avinashelite

Try to open your excel manually and check whether its working fine or not ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Excel is working fine on its own. The issue is to open Excel via the NPrinting Designer.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may have "stale" EXCEL session open in background. If so - kill it from task editor or restart computer on which designer is installed.

Designer meant to be installed on Desktop computers rather than a servers:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_designer...

• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2

These server operating systems are supported, but we recommend that you install Qlik NPrinting Designer only on client computers and not on servers, because server capacity is not needed when developing report templates.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi ,

did you resolve this issue

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the follow up. I had to uninstall NPrinting and Install again. Not sure what really happened 'under the hood' though.

Will close the thread.

Thanks for reaching our to assist.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries mate - always happy to help & learn

cheers

Lech