i recently installed NPrinting 17.3 and wanted to try to generate an easy report with the Sales Demo.qvw. Getting a Connection was no problem. I created a small PixelPerfect-Template (because i don't have an Excel-License yet). But apparently, i am not even able to create a preview out of it. You can see the error below:
I installed the 17.X-Versions a several times before and this is the first time I installed 17.3. So I ask myself, if this is a new Error which only occurs in 17.3 or did i forget something?
Please share your information if you have any Thank you!
I'm seeing the same problem on multiple reports, seems like an NPrinting bug. Using 17.4 fresh install not an upgrade. Have narrowed down the issue to having 3 levels in one tab of a spreadsheet, I removed 1 level and it now doesn't get the error but it's trying to preview for some 20 minutes. Definitely something wrong with this version, this makes it unusable for me.
Additional info - Note this all works fine on 17.2, doesn't work on 17.3.1 or 17.4
Desired format from 17.2:
But this works:
The error message "Wrong content node response type" can be caused by invalid applied filters or a cycle that try to select an invalid value for the field (a value that doesn't exist in the field).
Your source contain the Year field that contains the values 2012, 2013 and 2014 but you added a filter with Year = 2015 to the report
you added to the report the filter Year = 2014 and the Country field into the Levels node. Remember that adding a field in the Levels node is like a filter. When the report is created it is possible that a value of Country has an empty data set for the year selected. For example, thare are not sales in Italy in 2014. This generate the error you saw.
We improved how this behaviour is managed in lates version and we are still working on it. So, first of all, upgrade your installation to September 2017 (or later when they will be available).
Then check the applied filters.
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.
I know there is data for these levels because it renders on the older version with this level without issue so I don’t think that’s the issue.
We’ll try again with the September release. Do we have a date for that yet?
Thanks - Rick
I'm also getting the same message -
"The preview request failed with message: Wrong content node response type"
but it appears to only happen when Cycling by a non-numeric data type dimension. Cycling by numeric works fine.
Using the September 2017 release, no filters used, no Page or Levels used.
Unfortunately this seems to be the "multi-purpose" error for lots of things. I'm not sure if cycling is new in the Sept 2107 release or the June 2017 release as we jumped from 17.3 to Sept, but if no one has advice for you on the community, you could submit a case on their Support Portal and see if they can identify the issue or if there is a bug with the functionality since it is fairly new. I wish I could provide more help but I haven't used cycles yet.