i recently installed NPrinting 17.3 and wanted to try to generate an easy report with the Sales Demo.qvw. Getting a Connection was no problem. I created a small PixelPerfect-Template (because i don't have an Excel-License yet). But apparently, i am not even able to create a preview out of it. You can see the error below:
I installed the 17.X-Versions a several times before and this is the first time I installed 17.3. So I ask myself, if this is a new Error which only occurs in 17.3 or did i forget something?
Please share your information if you have any Thank you!
Since we upgraded to version 17.5 and still have this error, I would like to clarify this a bit more.
Suppose I have the following data (Year / Country):
2017 / Belgium
2017 / Italy
2018 / Austria
My report filter is Year = 2017. My Pixelperfect report has Country as a level. Does that mean that the report is generating the "Wrong content node response type" error because there is no data for Country Austria in 2017? I assume that the Country level will only cycle through the countries Belgium and Italy, right?
Apart from that: The table where the NPrinting report is based on was inside a container. I removed it from the container, reloaded the metacache, but the problem still persists.
Are there any other reasons why the error "Wrong content node response type" is generated as an error?
This is becoming a huge issue. 17.3 is rife with bugs this being at the top of my list.
We cant generate report due to this error. We have some filters that cause the error due to no data will appear, which normally is ok on the dashboard, but Designer cant handle it. We have to remove a detail level in pixel perfect to make the report work. This is a non starter for my client.
Hi Rick, So 17.5 helps if you have a pixel perfect report with a few filters. lets say the filters force a table to have no data, but the some others do will it still error out on 17.5 ?
So my problem was that I had a report with tables that should have had data based on the previous version but on 17.3 I got these errors. When we went to 17.5 they went away without changing the filters so we feel it was a bug in 17.3.
Please upgrade to September 2017 and after to November 2017 that will be released in few days.
Both new versions have a lot of improvements on this topic compared with 17.3.
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ruggero.piccoli I upgraded today to 17.6 but my table that shows no rows after filters are applied errors out still. In the dashboard is just shows no rows. But the Engine does not no how to handle it. I have a total of 3 simple values Year, Office, and Fund.