Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting 17.3 - Importing users with filters via excel

Hi,

I am using an excel file to import users with filters for implementing "cycle" like feature.

After the import, I can see the new filters created. But the filters and users are not associated. Is it the case? I need to manually map the filters with respective users? Or should that happen automatically?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

This worked after several trials. not sure what was wrong.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please attach your file. You can remove user name but keep all other values in your recipient import file so i can look at the values and see whether there is everything you need in it.

czeers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rohitraut
Creator
Creator

Hello Reshma,

Please find the below link:

NPrinting 17 Excel Import Template

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

With NPrinting 17.* you must keep the Excel file format as in the conversation linked by Rohit or as described in  Importing users with filters and groups ‒ Qlik NPrinting. 

In the linked help site page you can find also a sample Excel file that you can fill with your data.

As told by Lech, having your file will be useful to understand. You can share only few rows of data or anonimyze them, but they must be rappresentative of the real file.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

My file has 3 users. In NPrinting my username (as displayed under tab User) is "Reshma Maria" (however, when I login to NPrinting server, my username is my email id) and for the others users, username is their email ids.

I have an issue related to the below portion of the excel.Capture.PNG

For other users, when I gave their email ids under "username" excel field, filters were created and got associated. But for my id, it is not working for "Reshma Maria" or my email id. The only workaround I see is to change my username from "Reshma Maria" to my email id.

But this may not be feasible for all future users. Can anyone suggest what I did wrong?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

We need file,

your screenshot is missing the most important bits which are filter column and filters in filters sheet.

attach file and we can discuss further. You can change email addresses

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

This worked after several trials. not sure what was wrong.

Not applicable

Reshma,

I ran into the same issues as well as you, where some users would not have any filters added onto their user profile via import.

I found out that in the Users tab, Filters column, it does NOT import correctly if there is a comma or certain other special characters (haven't tested many other characters).

After I removed commas, my import worked properly.See below, Red didn't work, Green worked.

example.jpg

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

After an investigation, I confirm that the Filters column, at the moment, cannot contain commas because they are interpreted as separators among different filters. So, for example, "Smith, John's Filter" is interpreted as the two filters "Smith" and "John's Filter".

So use only values without commas. This will be solved in one of the following versions.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the information.

In my case, no comma or other special characters were used.