Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting 17.3 - Migrating from Dev to Prod/QA

Hi,

I am creating NPrinting reports from Qliksense. Is there any other way than re-creating everything when i move my code from dev environment to QA/Production?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

no

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess not.

In NPrinting 7.4.x (September) you will have the ability to migrate single reports (but no objects or connections or tasks) from one NPrinting environment to another.

More info here: Is there a way to export NPrinting v17 project including Ap, Connection, Tasks, Triggers, Templates ...

[Edit] Corrected release info, added link to extensive discussion with NPrinting Support. Thanks Aran.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

any work-arounds to achieve this?

Not applicable

This is available in a tech preview now and should be GA on September 12th.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

There are 2 workarounds with Qlik NPrinting 17.3

1 - simpler. Create a backup of the development env and restore it in the production server. Of course this will clone the whole development server in the production one.

2 - In the development computer open the folder C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps and search into it the template file you just edited. It is in the subfolder "templates". You can use the template ID that you can read in the browser url as search key. Copy this template into the production server and create a new report by using it as custom template. Open the Designer and add the Qlik Sense or QlikVew objects that are used in the report.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.