cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17.3 - Multiple users send to single email

Hi folks,

At our organization we have 4 VPs that we'd like to generate reports for through NPrinting. The VPs should not receive reports from us directly - they all have assistants that these reports are sent to. My initial thought was that I could create the VP users in NPrinting with their email being the email of their respective assistants. The problem: two VPs have the same assistant, and according to NPrinting I can only use an email once.

I don't want to create a filter where both VPs get rolled into a single report and apply it to their assistant's user. Each VP needs their own report, and the report needs to be dynamically named to include the name of the VP, therefore each VP needs to have their own users and filters.

Is this not possible in NPrinting? I really don't want to try to solve the problem through the exchange server.

Thanks for your help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think you have 3 assistants with one of them responsible for two VP. 

You don't need 4 users just 4 publish tasks with the vp filter applied to each one. You will be able to give your report a friendly name in each so just name it after each vp and you should send your user with two vp the report separated by vp without the need to create a vp user.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Have 4 publish tasks one for each VP you can then use the same user's and reports but tailor the email and report names for each VP.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Andy,

So what you're saying is to create a user for each VP, then create a task for each VP, and manually override to To email address to the assistant's email? It doesn't seem that I can change the To email manually?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think you have 3 assistants with one of them responsible for two VP. 

You don't need 4 users just 4 publish tasks with the vp filter applied to each one. You will be able to give your report a friendly name in each so just name it after each vp and you should send your user with two vp the report separated by vp without the need to create a vp user.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah I see. Yes this will work. Appreciate your help!