Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17.3 fails to Reload QlikSense Metadata

Hi,

We are running Nprinting 17.3 and Qlik Sense 3.0 SR3 and NPrinting is failing to reload Qlik Sense metadata with the following:

Connections:

Connection Status: OK

Cache Status: Error: Request has been purged due to connection errors

Engine log:

‘The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden’

Scheduler Log:

‘Connection navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://servername/;appid=277d3b19-0aa5-4f0e-946b-xxxxxxxxxxxx;identity=domain\username has reached ERROR status’

We have installed the certificates onto the nprinting server server as per the installation instructions.

Both servers are on our LAN, and there is no firewall between them.

Has anyone any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Shane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I investigated a bit.

1) The error log you have could indicate that something went wrong with the TLS certificates installation. Please try to reinstall them and be sure to log into the Qlik NPrinting server with the same Windows domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Service.

Install the TLS certificates by running QMCCertificateInstaller.exe as described in http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-sense-certificates...

2) Try also to do open the same Qlik Sense app without using Qlik NPrinting. Log into the Qlik NPrinting server with the Windows domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine server, run your preferred web browser and open the Qlik Sense app from the Qlik Sense Hub in the browser. Everything must go well in order to be able to create a connection from NPrinting to that Qlik Sense app otherwise you have to investigate this before to create the NPrinting connection.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please give a check to the following help site page Requirements to connect to Qlik Sense ‒ Qlik NPrinting with the connection to Qlik Sense requirements.

I suppose you missed the following:

In the QMC, you must assign RootAdmin authorization to the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting EngineWindows service.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

The windows domain account that runs Nprinting is present on the Qlik Sense server and has the RootAdmin privilege.

Thanks for your response,

Shane

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I investigated a bit.

1) The error log you have could indicate that something went wrong with the TLS certificates installation. Please try to reinstall them and be sure to log into the Qlik NPrinting server with the same Windows domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Service.

Install the TLS certificates by running QMCCertificateInstaller.exe as described in http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-sense-certificates...

2) Try also to do open the same Qlik Sense app without using Qlik NPrinting. Log into the Qlik NPrinting server with the Windows domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine server, run your preferred web browser and open the Qlik Sense app from the Qlik Sense Hub in the browser. Everything must go well in order to be able to create a connection from NPrinting to that Qlik Sense app otherwise you have to investigate this before to create the NPrinting connection.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I’m not sure which step actually resolved the issue, but this is what I did:

1.       Delete all the existing certificates on the NPrinting server
  2.       Re-exported certificates from Qliksense
  3.      Used the tool you mentioned previously to install the certificates (previously I had installed them manually, though they did say successful)
  4.        Tried to reload the metadata again but it got stuck at generating (still an improvement!)
  5.        Deleted the connection in Nprinting
  6.        Restarted the Nprinting engine service
  7.        Created a new connection in Nprinting

…..and it is now working!

Thanks for your help.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Great! I'm really happy that you resolved!

Sorry, in my previous post I forgot to mention that you need to restart the Qlik NPrinting services after you installed new certificates because the services read the certificates during the start-up. This should be write in the help page about certificates installation. So my suggestion for everybody who have issue with certificates is: read carefoully the help site page and follow it step by step.

Best regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

how did you delete all the existing certificates on the NPrinting server?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Installing new certificates will overwrite old ones.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero