cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siewmei_lsm
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting 17.5 unable to edit Excel Template

I have installed NPrinting 17.5 and Sept version NPrinting designer on the same laptop. I am able to to open Power Point and Word templates when report editor is selected. However, when attempt to open Excel I could see the NPrinting Designer window flashes and editor (excel) cannot be seen. I can see from task manager the designer is active. My office is v.2016 installed locally under office 365 corporate subscription.

I have attempted to reinstall, reboot my laptop as well. Still the same.

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

the third option you  will find on the box where you have installed NPrinting designer. If it is your laptop - then it will be on your laptop C drive.

and to be honest this is the most important part..... Designer setting...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

please close all the open excel workbooks

is  msoffice installed in your machine? 

siewmei_lsm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes msoffice 2016 installed in my laptop.

i din open any excel workbooks when launching nprinting designer but still cant see.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

does your Excel template have a macro in it? I observed similar behaviour with excel files containing macros.

Also make sure you have Designer, Server and Engine running the same version (I just cannot bring from memory whether 17.5 and September is the same version)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw.. what resolution screen is on computer where you try to open Designer editor. I have experienced problems with my high resolution screen and NPrinting Designer - this was my workaround: \

NPrinting Designer stalling on Excel Template | Qlik Community\\\

cheers

Lech

siewmei_lsm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

1. Set the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" property equal to 100% in the main display.
  2. If you have 2 monitors set the main display that has the property equal to 100%.
  3. Enable the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" property, that you can find in the properties of the NPrinting.exe application (C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client), in the “Compatibility” tab. This option renders the Designer layout quite bad

i couldn't find the 3rd option-C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client). Only have 2 folder-engine and designer. I trial option 1 and 2 but still cant solve the issue here.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

the third option you  will find on the box where you have installed NPrinting designer. If it is your laptop - then it will be on your laptop C drive.

and to be honest this is the most important part..... Designer setting...

regards

Lech

siewmei_lsm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your guide! It is works now!

In version 17.5 just need to tick "override high DPI scaling behavior." in properties.

Capture.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

awesome - glad i could help - regards Lech