Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting 17.6 Excel Report - preview issue

Hi,

I have created app, connections & then Report. I am importing NP 16 templates into NP 17.6, after doing this when I try for a Preview, there is nothing in output its completely blank.

Any idea why, Am I missing something.

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,

Renuka S

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

17.6 is a very old version so I suggest you to start by upgrading to latest version (February 2019) and test with it.

Then check if you have error message on the task execution page or in the log files. Post some screenshot of the template and the output. If you imported from 16 check the matching in the importing procedure.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli  Previously it was Nov-18, then I upgraded to Feb-2019, but still same issue.

This issue is not getting resolved.

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Currently this error - 

WARN: error during report generation: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.

this also - 

Failed report generation for report 3b790341-dfcc-4ac2-bb5d-e4b7e64defaa user a6ac2a55-06ce-4065-95ff-75117d80c2d3 exception System.Exception: All documents failed to generate: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: E. Path '', line 0, position 0.

And in the task manager process - there are 5 process for one qv app

Any idea why.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check that you are using a Qlik NPrinting Designer exactly at the same version of the Qlik NPrinting Server you are connecting. This is a requirement; when you update the server you must update also all installed Designers.

The error suggests that there is a paring error and the cause could be using two different versions of the two softwares. The Server answer is different than the one expected by the Designer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It's the same version of all three
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Ok, please also do a Check Entities to be sure that all entities used in the template are included in the left side treeview.

Check Entities.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli  Checked all available.

Still no output

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

multiple number of QV exe is normal thing - this is how NPrinitng works end of story!

on the other hand, Parsing error - are you using some funny filter in this report, or entity which is returning a text with not supported/allowed characters?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with Lech, and the question about the number of Qv.exe process is documented in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performanc...

About the no output issue I think we cannot go deeper with the analysis here. Please open a support ticket so colleagues can see your environment. Remember to past a link to this conversation.  When solved please share the answer here.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero