cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17.6 November - Invalid parameter : STACK :

Hello,

Since I upgraded NPrinting from 17.3 to 17.6 November, the report generation does not work anymore

The metadata have been reloaded (local mode)

I got this message :

7 février 2018 10:47:18WarnWARN: error during report generation: Le paramètre n'est pas valide.
7 février 2018 10:47:18WarnFailed report generation for report 049b9e72-a823-4bb5-a578-0774256bee21 user 9e9c57b7-d8d7-4acf-9c62-ea9d97002276 exception System.Exception: Le paramètre n'est pas valide. : STACK :

Any idea where to look at ? Thanks a lot

14 Replies
craigleach
Partner - Contributor III

Emerson,

Did you ever get a root cause for this issue? I have a client with the same problem, they can output a report to Powerpoint but it fails when rendering to PDF. Qlik Support has not helped solve this issue.

Thanks,

Craig Leach

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @craigleach 

I would recommend upgrading to the most recent version of NPrinting to leverage the following improvements since NP 17.6.

We are now up to NPrinting June 2019 release. Upgrading will allow you to:

If your customer still has the issue following the upgrade, I would recommend starting a new support case to investigate further. However, I suspect that upgrading will in fact. solve the issue as this does sound familiar as far as previous issues go. I haven't heard this one for awhile.

All documented bug fixes and feature enhancements are available within each set of release notes for each Qlik Product release including NPrinting. These are available on the Qlik Downloads site via the Qlik NPrinting download area.

Hopefully this guides you toward ultimate resolution of the issue.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
craigleach

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply. My customer is on the latest version of NPRINTING (19.9.5.0) and still has this issue. Also, I have a case open and have not received any useful suggestions or root cause. I asked here because this is the ONLY reference I can find to this exact issue.

Thanks,

Craig

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @craigleach 

NPRINTING (19.9.5.0) is actually the April 2019 release of NPrinting.

Never the less, that should be sufficient to mitigate the issue that they are seeing. I don't see any specific bug fixes for this issue in the June 2019 (19.19.4.0) release.

PM me your case number and I'll have a look into it for you myself and suggest a course of action with the support tech that is working with you on this.

Thanks.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @craigleach 

I've reviewed your support case and would like to mention that the tech you are working with is more than eminently qualified to manage the support issue you are experiencing.

The logging in April 2019 (which you provided on the case) indicates that you may have a couple of issues which your tech has pointed out:

• - possible unsupported QV items in use ie: triggers, alt states, always one selected LB or MB properties. 
  • - possible filter conflict.

I will continue to follow the support case but would ask you to continue to work in following the support process with your tech engineer directly, toward a resolution.

Once we are able  provide that, it would be greatly appreciated if you could return here to share the root cause once we are able to nail it down for you.

Thanks in advance...