cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 Condition for a particular value in chart

Hello

I am implementing reports in Nprinting 17.4

I want to set a condition where I want to run the report only if there is a particular value in the chart.

The current setting allows me to set the condition based on whether a chart contains values or is blank.

But what if I want to set the condition only for a particular value in chart.

Any suggestions?

I tried filter, but when the report runs and sees that the value set in the filter is not in the table, it throws exception, which the Qlik has already registered as a bug.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Conditions can also be based on variables and qlik syntax expressions.

Build a variable which is linked to the desired value and then either compare the variable's value with a fixed value or an expression.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Conditions can also be based on variables and qlik syntax expressions.

Build a variable which is linked to the desired value and then either compare the variable's value with a fixed value or an expression.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Refer to http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you

I will try adding a variable.

But i read that if I apply a filter to the task and not the report, the filter will be applied during the validation of the condition.

If my filter is say 'ABC' and is applied to the task and the condition is the 'chart has values', does that mean the condition will be successful only when the chart has values and it has 'ABC' in it.