Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriswain2
Creator
Creator

NPrinting 17 Entity Tags Error In PowerPoint

Hi,

I keep getting an error when I try to amend a PowerPoint report in NPrinting 17.

An error occured while elaborating the entity tags.

Please check if the entities are properly placed inside their level tags.

I have set up a page object to loop through a field to create slides. It all works fine until I want to amend a report to insert a slide ahead of the slide with the page tag. It seems that NPrinting still thinks the tag should be on the slide number it was on before and there is no way to fix this. You can never move the slide. Once you get the error you lose any work since you last saved the report.

Even if you have the page tag referring to slides 12-15 and you change that reference to 13-16 after inserting a slide, sooner or later you will get that error again. I have tried deleting the page item and the slide with the tag but the error keeps coming back and then the report is permanently corrupted.

Any ideas?

16 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you do the suggestion marked as correct?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
pentaxadmin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I reinstalled the Server, Engine and the Designer, but the problem has not been fixed. What are the other options? I was not quite clear on the special characters clean up in the template? Is that what you are referring to?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

So you are sure that your Designer version is the same as the server and that you installed latest available version September 2018.

In general, please:

- post a new conversation for new questions

- include all the useful information like screenshots and logs

- describe step by step what causes the error

we need to be able to reproduce it to give you suggestions.

If you still have the issue after the upgrade please open a support ticket so we will investigate if it is a bug. Include the full logs, the template and the source document in the ticket.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Digvijay / Branislav,

I have not had any problems with new reports created after I aligned the Server and Designer to both be June 2018, but the reports created before that still have the problem.

Things to try would be:

Delete the page items, save the report, go back in and reinstate them

Delete the page items, save the report, export it, import it as a new report and reinstate the page items

Delete the page items and the slides you want to loop through, save and reopen the report and reinstate them

Create the report again from scratch after making sure the Server and Designer are definitely the same version

Also, click on the page item header and look at which PowerPoint slide it is highlighting. Check it is the right one and that the entity tag is on that sheet and no others unless you are looping through more than one slide. If you have the entity tag on an unrelated slide the error will be genuine.

Chris

pentaxadmin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Chris - thanks for checking in on this issue. I was able to troubleshoot the issue and found the problem.

I have reinstalled nPrinitng and Office Suite Apps, but that didn't help. I later discovered the issue - I had some objects in the Report that I have deleted from the QS App and those were causing the error. Once I removed those objects from my nPrinting template the problem was gone.

Branislav

Digvijay_Singh

I am getting this error when I introduced lower level paging inside higher level. I have multiple slides for each location thru paging , now I need one of these slide to do paging using another field. Its like two level of paging, is it allowed.

I just get this error while saving the power point template. It won't generate error when I delete the row from paging sub menu.

Digvijay_Singh

Sorry It saved the template when I remove the lower level paging field tag from the slide which I dragged in one of the slide having paging using higher level field