Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriswain2
Creator
Creator

NPrinting 17 Excel Object Filter Not Working

Hi,

I have three copies of the same QlikView straight table where I have put date range filters on, in an Excel Report.

On the task I have another filter on different fields which definitely do not conflict.The individual fields have been put on the excel output, not the whole chart reference.

When I publish the task, the task filters work but all three straight tables come out the same, without the date filter.

Any ideas?

The only solution otherwise is to create 3 different tables in QlikView with the filters applied using set analysis, but this is time consuming and wastes memory.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dual values need to be filtered as numerical values!!

I have posted few examples on community regarding this.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

clearly your filters are not working.

My idea is you are not using filters correctly.

Would you mind sharing screenshots of:

• field in qlik you use to filter it (with data type like info whether it is acsci text, date, integer, numeric etc...)
  • screenshot of your filters in NPrinting

The main thing around filters in nprinting is that dates usually need to be floored and used as numerical values like: 43XXX.. instead of date format...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

I have found out a few things since I posted. I can rule out dates as an issue because the field I am filtering is not a date field, it is an ageing bucket field.

It is nothing to do with the task filters as it does not work on the edit template preview, before any task filters are applied.

I am using a dual value field and using "value is = 0-30"

Maybe I have to use numeric value = 1 or does Nprinting not like dual value fields at all.

I will do more testing on that.

Regards,

Chris

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dual values need to be filtered as numerical values!!

I have posted few examples on community regarding this.

chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Lech,

I did search before posting but did not see that. Will mark as correct answer as soon as I get it working.

Chris

chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

All working now.

Just a point to note - when you have a dual field and are typing the values in, the autofill suggestions show the text values even when you select "numeric value is" - see attachment. This is a bit misleading and would have stopped me making this mistake if it had showed the valid numeric values only.

Chris