Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

NPrinting 17 - Excel Table not showing Columns from Qlik Sense Table

Hi There

I've noticed a strange issue, and after having a quick search of the Community, I can't find any similar posts.

I have a Qlik Sense app, with a table object, containing various columns with set analysis, using P() - example of a column being below:

Sum({<[Rent Debit Flag]={1},[Period]=p([Max Rent Week])>}[Technical Arrears])

When I build an NPrinting report, based on this QS App, I cannot expand the Table object to show the individual columns - see below, "pZqc - Monthly Arrears by Project"

2019-07-17 09_43_58-CLPNCQLIKP - The Cyrenians Ltd t_a Changing Lives - SystemCare.png

I suspect there is something weird going on with the above set analysis. I've duplicated the Table object, and removed the p() element from the set analysis, and this can be expanded - "see caBLn - Arrears Weekly by Project"

Can anyone shed any light on this? Happy to share the app/nprinting report if it helps.

Thanks
Carl. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Maybe one has a "Show column if" condition?

Are you using latest Qlik NPrinting version (June 2019)? If not, please update.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

UPDATE

I've changed the data model to not need P() in the set analysis, and this still didn't work

I then recreated my table in Qlik Sense, which worked.

Not sure if the issue is with the table OR the p() from set analysis... 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suppose that the object that lets you to expand the columns is a straight table. The other is a pivot table that never lets you to see the single columns.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Rugerro

Nope, both Tables within NPrinting are Qlik Sense straight tables. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Maybe one has a "Show column if" condition?

Are you using latest Qlik NPrinting version (June 2019)? If not, please update.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Nope, no conditional show/hide set... and yes, running latest version of NPrinting 

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Well.. I've double checked the conditional show/hide, and look what I found:

2019-07-17 15_43_37-2 - Qlik - carl.hunter@tsg.com - Outlook.png

One of the measures had an incomplete "Show Column if" however the Qlik Sense app did not throw an error.

Removed this, and the columns now appear!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Great!

Best Regards,
Ruggero