cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriswain2
Creator
Creator

NPrinting 17 Out of space error

I have been running NPrinting 17 reports successfully until I started getting the attached error saying there is not enough space on the disk.

I think I need to clear out the NewsStand and change the settings for how long I keep files and how many, but I can't see how to clear out the old files. Without being able to do it NPrinting can't be used.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The folder C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps contains the data used by Qlik NPrinting to work. Don't touch that folder to avoid to damage your installation.

Its dimension depends on what you created into your reporting system. For example the number of connection, the report templates, etc. So we cannot say that it is full because it needs 10Gb. It needs 10Gb or less or more because it needs to store the data used for Qlik NPrinting to run correctly.

So you can increase the dimension of your C drive or you can delete something unused from the Qlik NPrinting Web Console with the hope to release enough space.

Yes, if you create the same report for 6 people there will be 6 different files in the NewsStand. A different file for each user.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting temporary files are stored in the folder %TEMP%\Reporting but they should be deleted immediately after their use. So that folder should be, more or less, empty. Check it and in case delete the contend.

If you have a version older than September 2018, please upgrade to be sure that you can benefit of all solved bugs.

Before to delete the content of %TEMP%\Reporting stops all the Qlik NPrinting services to be sure that all files are unlocked.

Please note that a disk could be filled by other content, you could have the trash bin full or other process can not delete their temporary files. So I suggest you do better investigate what is consuming space.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ruggero,

I will check and let you know what I find.

chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

The Temp /Reporting folder was empty but C:drive is showing only 140MB free out of 40GB. I have passed this to our IT team to investigate and will let you know what they find.

Chris

chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

It seems that the NewsStand folder in 'C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps' was full, 10GB.

When I run a the same report for 6 people with the same filters on for each person, does it create 6 separate files on the NewsStand?

Chris

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The folder C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps contains the data used by Qlik NPrinting to work. Don't touch that folder to avoid to damage your installation.

Its dimension depends on what you created into your reporting system. For example the number of connection, the report templates, etc. So we cannot say that it is full because it needs 10Gb. It needs 10Gb or less or more because it needs to store the data used for Qlik NPrinting to run correctly.

So you can increase the dimension of your C drive or you can delete something unused from the Qlik NPrinting Web Console with the hope to release enough space.

Yes, if you create the same report for 6 people there will be 6 different files in the NewsStand. A different file for each user.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, the main thing I have learnt is the amount of reports I was creating was too big and we are going to increase the space on C Drive, limit the number of NewsStand users and keep the number of files to keep and the days to keep to a minimum. We also had to restart the services to get it going again.

Regards,

Chris