Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

NPrinting 17 September 2017 - Low Image Quality

Hi,

I'm building a report with word template with chart images from Qlikview document, but the image quality is low.

There is any workaround to improve the image quailty of exported images from Qlikview in NPrinting 17 ? I found some but they only works with v16.

I'm using the last version, NP September 2017.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

1. Have you tried this:

Improving Image Quality Export using Clipboard Zoom

2. The November release will include a feature which will let you set the resolution to low/medium/high (96/192/384 dpi). This will work for both QlikView and Sense based reports.

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

1. Have you tried this:

2. The November release will include a feature which will let you set the resolution to low/medium/high (96/192/384 dpi). This will work for both QlikView and Sense based reports.

Best

Aran

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

ath

where we can change the picture quality?

Not applicable

1. The NPrinting feature will be released in November as per my previous post.
  2. If you're reporting from QlikView, setting the image quality in QlikView will also change image quality in reports  - follow this link for an explanation:

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Tried option 1 but the chart become distorted. I'm using Qlikview 12.

As images are exported in 96dpi I used a pixel calculator to convert the size in pixels to cm/inch

To import an image with a width of 15 cm (6 inch), I need to set it with a  width of 570 pixels. I also changed the labels font size on axis and expressions to 8 pt to fit correctly in the chart.

With those adjustments I could import the images to my report without resizing. Now the image is more clear.

My recommendation: Use a dpi to mm/inch calculator to help you set the best size of your charts when exporting images to reports.

dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

I have done this, but the PDF output image quality is very poor.  I am using v17 and using the Powerpoint template editor to create most of my reports as most of my reports are image based.  Those that are table based I am using the excel template editor.  The reports need to be external customer facing, and there is no way these are being sent out to external customer the way they look.  I have report quality set to very high.  Zoom output to 400%.  Also, Chart and textbox Borders do not get exported.  Is there an option to" "pdf output that looks professional"

Very frustrating.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Are you using Qlik Sense or Qlikview ?

Also I recommend to take a look on November/2017 version. They have improved the image quality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, anyone know if the 400% method stopped to work?
I connected into the Nprinting server, went into Qlikview Users Preference, marked the 'chart' and 'graphics' objects, and changed to zoom 400%, closed and opened again and the configuration remained there.

Went to Nprinting report, generated and the image was the same, blurry with changes.