Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 or 16

I'm new with NPrinting. I've installed version 17. But I cannot find much help and guidance for this version. At the same time there are some good resources and videos for previous version. I'm developing reports with version 17 with this new Web interface by mapping steps from version 16 tutorials and Qlik help guides. But there are some missing functionalities and bugs like, missing version control, memory leakage and it's not supporting Section Access so far. This is what I'm facing so far.

I'm thinking, is it better to stay with version 17 doing workarounds for the issues and update latter? Or downgrade now to version 16 and migrate reports to version 17 when it will be less buggy?

I don't see much option for migration between the versions. I don't know maybe it is not possible at all.

So, I would appreciate to hear some opinions from knowledgable NPrinting guys.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Nick -

There is extensive documentation and videos on NPrinting 17 here: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.0/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

I can't advise you on what version to use b/c I don't know what features and functionality are most important for your reporting needs.

As of now, only templates can be migrated between NP16 and 17. So if you go back to NP16, and create filters, tasks and schedules, these will not be imported when you move to version 17 (at least for now).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephen,

Do you have a sense for when the next version of Nprinting 17 is going to be released?   We are not going to make the switch until ON-Demand is functional in Nprinting 17.

Will that be in the next 90 days or later in the year?

Stephen_Jasionowski

Mike -

NPrinting will follow the same release cadence as Qlik Sense, so the next major release will be in June.

On-Demand is one of the gap features we have prioritized.

savioqlik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Stephen, do you know about Conditional Reporting and  Variable Filter?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Conditional reporting will be available in June. I do not have a date for variable filter as of right now.