cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 recipient filter issue for different Apps

Hi together,

i have the following issue in NPrinting 17. I created an App and a connection to a Qlikview Application. I also imported the recipients from the Application to filter on them and to send an E-Mail to each recipient. Now I have the following question.

If I have more than 1 App with different Qlikview Applications, how can i handle the recipients, when they have different filters for each App/Connection?

When i am right, the recipients should be imported only once, but does NPrinting 17 know, which filter is for which App or Connection?

I know there is a column in the Excel template with App and connection, but how can I say, that one Recipient has different filters for different Apps?

In Nprinting 16, it was possible to create .nsq files with different settings. But I don´t know how to handle this issue in NPrinting 17.

Thanks for your answers.

BR,

Keshan

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In NPrinting 17.x, all filters are associated with a connection.

You can associate as many filters as you want with a single user and a filter can be associated with as many users as you like.

The filters will be applied to the objects in any report corresponding to the data source based on the connection specified in the filter.

In the Excel file used to import users and filters, in the Filters tab, Column C is used to specify the App name and Column E is used to specify the Connection name.

In the Users tab, Column N is used to specify filters associated with a user. Multiple filter names must be comma separated.

avinashelite

I think if your using global filter then as per my knowledge I don't think we have an option to specific the connection to choose for the filters/connection

I would suggest to implement the filters at individual chart level and try once .

OR

The better approach is to handle all the complex logic in the Qlikview and just import the chart in NPrinting for representation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you both for the fast answers. I will try this .

Florentin74
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi there,

But what if you want to make a new report on the same app, with the same users but different filters? Meaning... Same connection, same App... To avoid filter issues, I would then need a clone of the app and make the report on that??

Do you know if this is correct?

Regards,

Anders

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sometimes it’s very hard to work with reports for several purposes and filters. I use some times the option the import user option. I only update the user filters. So I will  run first my update user task. Afterwards I use the task to send the report based on the new users filters.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Import-U...