Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 up-gradation: unable to import Nprinting templates

Hi,

We are trying to import templates (compressed file) to Nprinting 17 version, but we are getting an Error "There are no compatible reports in this exported project."  However, we are able to create new objects(images..etc). could you please let us know if any one imported templates from NPrinting 16 version to NPrinting 17. 

Thanks,

Satheesh.

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi jkillian‌ we had the same problem earlier in the year, I'm not sure if it is fixed yet, but for the time being what we did was to import the Template directly into the NPrinting Designer, and then re-add the individual report items into the report definition.

Not a pretty solution, but it works.

Not applicable
Author

Hi David

Thanks - I also thought of this as a final resort.

Seems like this is the only way.

Thanks for the reply!

Regards

Rqat
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Nprinting 17 November release

Nprinting 16.6

I've noticed that it probably doesn't have anything with the installed Nprinting version if you're able to import your reports or not but the version the report was CREATED in.

I'm running Nprinting 16.6 and exported/imported everything as instructed in the guide above and stumbled on the same error message. However, when I created a new report in Nprinting 16.6 I was able to import that one with no issues at all. As already mentioned above I also had to manually create a new report and add the objects all over again using my old template as a guide. I can't find anything regarding this in any guides or forum threads so I don't know if it will be fixed in later releases.

/R

BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm getting the same error ("There are no compatible reports in this exported project.") trying to import templates from NP16.3 to NP17.6 ... any suggestions?   Did you ever resolve? 

Rqat

Hi Barb,

I've noticed that  you need the source data to be exactly the same for it to work as well. For example, if you built your template on a qvw and now want to import the template and have another connection with that np17-report it will not work. Make sure you're using the same app for both connections without any missing objects.

Hope this will help you

Kind regards,

R