Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
framacdev
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting 17 user list import task updating excel user list

Hello community,

I have created the excel spreadsheet that includes all the fields that manage Filters, Users and Groups.

After creating the list I have set the tasks when importing the excel file field values like shown in the attached picture.

Once I set, for instance, for a certain user the Groups Value and then I import the task the first time it works just fine, but if for example I update that field value, applying another Groups Value, for instance empty Groups value for a certain user, the task does not update in NPrinting. It keeps the field value already set the first time I have imported the excel spreadsheet.

Is that a limitation from NPrinting? Because I checked the box that says Update users if modified as shown in the attached picture. Do I need to set up differently the User List tasks?

Thank you,

UserList_Import_Task.PNG

6 Replies
framacdev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I went through all the process. I have modeled my user list excel file as it is the Recipients excel file in the Examples.zip tutorial.

The issue is when updating a particular field like the Groups one in the Users sheet

Rqat
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Francesco,

I had a similar case as you where my filters/groups etc wouldn't update even though the boxes where ticked. When I spoke to Qlik about this they informed me that all those checkboxes doesn't work as intended. This was maybe 2 months ago. I don't know if they've updated it in a later release but I couldn't get it to work either.

Kind regards,

R

framacdev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Robert for sharing your previous experience.

The fact is that in such a case, I have created a group.

Then, based also on a task that I have created, importing the excel spreadsheet daily, I have updated my excel file believing that two users won't get the report, because I have emptied their Group field value.

Instead nothing happened and it resulted in a big business problem because other people received a report, that they did not need to receive.

LuisIdrovo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello @framacdev Maybe did you resolve this problem? May you share it what did you do please?

Grettings,

Luis idrovo

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @LuisIdrovo 

you are referring to 4 years old post - this is not relevant anymore as most of the import features have changed since. I suggest to start new conversation and when doing it also declaring the version of currently supported software you are using.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.