Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedderta
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting 17 view upcoming task schedule

Hello,

I can easily view completed tasks by going into Admin - Task Executions, but is there a way to see upcoming tasks that haven't yet started?  It would be useful to check if anything is due to start before you rebooted the server for example.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, current NPrinitng console does not have this functionality.

Instead i have QlikView/Qlik Sense app which connects to my NPrinitng repository using postresODBC and lists all task (with their schedule settings).

How to connect to repository? -->NPrinting Repository Database - Name

Repository DB structure is quite simple, so building simple model showing you tasks and schedules should not be a problem

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

i think no other way:(   but you need to open individual task and schedule time you can check.

may be rpc‌  have some inputs here

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, current NPrinitng console does not have this functionality.

Instead i have QlikView/Qlik Sense app which connects to my NPrinitng repository using postresODBC and lists all task (with their schedule settings).

How to connect to repository? -->NPrinting Repository Database - Name

Repository DB structure is quite simple, so building simple model showing you tasks and schedules should not be a problem

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pedderta
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the answers, just a shame it can't be done within the console.

haty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi lech_miszkiewicz‌, thanks for the suggestion, I have connected Qlik Sense to NP 17 Postgres DB. Looking at creating a Sense app to provide a view of when jobs are scheduled and their last run status. If you already have something similar are you able to share?

userid128223
Creator
Creator

Is it ok to connect to repository in live environment is there any risk. 

PostgresSQL drivers are specific to db version. How do we know which driver to download. Does it work with Qlik ODBC connector package?

Can you please point us to an readymade app that connects to repository and show you different views, can you please post the app you have created. 

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @userid128223 

Is it ok to connect to repository in live environment is there any risk. 

answer: It is not supported/recommended by Qlik - you can do this at your own risk

PostgresSQL drivers are specific to db version. How do we know which driver to download. Does it work with Qlik ODBC connector package?

answer: I am not sure what do you mean - I use built in  Qlik Sense driver, standard ODBC driver worked for me as well when I tried to use QlikView or i simply installed pgAdmin tool to query it directly

Can you please point us to an readymade app that connects to repository and show you different views, can you please post the app you have created. 

answer: I suggest to spend some time searching community like here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Schedule-Monitor-NP17-and-Failed-Ta...

There is no app built to read whole repository... I can see many different use cases of how data can be loaded and used, but it all depends on the requirements and what you really want to see an from what angle. This subject is very broad and is going away from the subject of this topic.

marcginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz  for mentioning my solution.

@userid128223 , I just replied to a question in the page @Lech_Miszkiewicz was pointing to with the NPrinting Schedule Monitor.

It is quite easy to create this as long as you have a connection to the Postgres database. Be aware that not all the data can be retrieved (yet) from the database so you do need the REST API's especially when you want to have an overview of upcoming tasks.

Marc

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Lech

Can you please share QlikView app that you have. I am able to create connection to database. Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Troy1 

I dont have QlikView app. I played with Qlik Sense one: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Schedule-Monitor-NP17-and-Failed-Ta...

You can always rewrite it to QlikView one - script will be practically the same!