cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting 19 feature questions

I've few unanswered questions related to NPrinting features. I would like to request the community to provide answers/suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Qlik NPrinting November 2019 (Version: 19.40.3.0)

1. Scheduled reports in HTML format always comes as a ZIP file attached to the email. Could it be possible to have HTML file attached to the email instead of ZIP. (End users need to click twice or thrice to open the zip and then open the HTML report)

2. Scheduled reports in HTML format comes as a ZIP file attached to the email with file name as random alphanumeric (example: 7762ca1d86f64ed4bc7b28da922145e0.Html) is it possible to have "ReportName.html". 

3. I've a straight table in my QVW with a field that has Link. When I import that table into NPrinting and run the report, the links do not work any more in the Report output. I'm using HTML Report format.  I know we can use HTML code (a href) to provide external link but here I would like to have the link working from the Cell value.

@Frank_S  appreciate any help in this regard.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. - I know it is requested feature and at the moment is not available, so what you have is currently working as designed

2. - Working as designed

3. - In short you still need to use a href tag. Issue is probably sitting in the way you bring in URL to HTML template. In NPrinting designer once you expand table with "+" there are fields properties. Make sure you  have proper settings there (disable HTML encode and disable keep source format). Use the Url which comes from the field cell to create <td> tags containing href tag in it.That way your url will work from the table cell.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

About no.3 you could give a check at:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi 

for your frost questions , 
usually when sending HTML reports , it makes sense to embed them into your mail message 
so users don't need to click anything and easily can read the reports in any platform
so you don't send any attachments at all 
i am not aware of a way to control the file name and send the reports not as zip file 

for the third question , you'll need to use html coding in order to have the link active
is QVW use different syntax for codes than Html

sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks so much for your response.

we are using embedded reports in emails for certain use cases however in this case (tabular presentation) the user had to scroll a lot as sometimes the output contains numerous rows. I tried using HTML collapsible code however that didn't work in the email body but works in the HTML Report as attachment.

I've used HTML code (a href) in the Report body for a Field from QlikView however I've not found a way to apply the HTML code inside a Straight table from QlikView file.

Are you suggesting a way to read the QlikView straight table in HTML and then loop through the records and populate the link (HTML code). Could you please elaborate a bit on the solution you are referring to. Thanks in advance.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@sudeepkm_analog 

See answers inline below:

1. Scheduled reports in HTML format always comes as a ZIP file attached to the email. Could it be possible to have HTML file attached to the email instead of ZIP. (End users need to click twice or thrice to open the zip and then open the HTML report)

• This is the expected behavior. This has been this way for quite some time. R&D is aware of this and has many requests to change this behavior.  In the meantime, you can try embedded html or entity reports in email as an option.

2. Scheduled reports in HTML format comes as a ZIP file attached to the email with file name as random alphanumeric (example: 7762ca1d86f64ed4bc7b28da922145e0.Html) is it possible to have "ReportName.html". 

3. I've a straight table in my QVW with a field that has Link. When I import that table into NPrinting and run the report, the links do not work any more in the Report output. I'm using HTML Report format.  I know we can use HTML code (a href) to provide external link but here I would like to have the link working from the Cell value. 

@Ruggero_Piccoli can you add here to this third point.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks so much Frank.

I'll post the requirement as a feature request. Thanks again for your time. 

sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

just wanted to follow up with @Ruggero_Piccoli  on the below item. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. - I know it is requested feature and at the moment is not available, so what you have is currently working as designed

2. - Working as designed

3. - In short you still need to use a href tag. Issue is probably sitting in the way you bring in URL to HTML template. In NPrinting designer once you expand table with "+" there are fields properties. Make sure you  have proper settings there (disable HTML encode and disable keep source format). Use the Url which comes from the field cell to create <td> tags containing href tag in it.That way your url will work from the table cell.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

About no.3 you could give a check at:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks so much @Ruggero_Piccoli  @Lech_Miszkiewicz  for your suggestion. I was able to create an html report with links in table cell.

But now our end users want PDF report attached to the email and now I'm trying to figure out how to enable the hyperlink in a PDF report table cell. The direct URL in the tables Cell (the URL comes as a field value in to the report.) in PDF report works but the URL is too lengthy and dynamic (changes per cell).  I'm now using a word template than html.

It looks like the HTML report can not be exported as PDF otherwise it would have helped me a lot.

Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

by the way for some reason I do not see an option to mark your response as helpful.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The question related to the pdf is a new different one so I would like to suggest you to open a new conversation focused on that. Community conversations are used by people to find suggestions so creating one for each question will be helpful for other people. Thanks.

Please specify what kind of template you are developing to create the PDF.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero