Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keto
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting API

Hi !
I would like to use On-Demand with the NPrinting API in a Qliksense script but I couldn't find any information on the fields to load in my sql select ...

I was able to recover other scripts which allow to obtain the list of applications or connections for example, but I cannot find where these fields come from:
__KEY_data
__FK_items
etc ...
I did not find any examples of "on-demand" in a qlik sense script ...

I relied on this document:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-use-Qlik-NPrinting-APIs-inside-a-Qli... id = 71519

but I did not find any data models so I do not know where certain selections come from in the "SQL SELECT", no additional information in the different "WITH CONNECTION" links

I will greatly appreciate being enlightened, something must escape me ...

I promise i try my best, motivation is the key !
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I am little bit confused. If I were you I would start by looking at official documentation here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=46#Methods

This is a list of all possible at the moment methods. You can only do as much as is documented there. 

If you were planning to do some sort of deployment using API there is no way you can automate whole process. You will be able to create apps, connections, but report templates migration from DEV to PROD and all task setup needs to be done manually. 

There is no answer to such a broad question like yours so I am not sure what else I can suggest. You would have to break down whole process into individual steps to see which of them can be supported by use of API - therefore automated and which of the steps simply dont have a endpoint.

At this stage I think you need a Qlik consultant who has great experience and can tell you what is possible and what is not. That will be the most efficient way of dealing with it, but gathering by what you just written above I can say that you will not be able to fully automate deployment PROD->DEV using just an API

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @Keto ,

It is hard to imagine what you would do with the OnDemand API from load script.

Can you explain a workflow you are trying to build? Make sure you describe it with great detail.

The whole purpose of OnDemand is ability to pass current selections applied by users to report and generation of such report and ability to download a generated file directly from interface. With API run in the script i dont see a use case for it.

I have written qvs file with almost all API endpoints in here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/ (feel free to check it out), but OnDemand is not there as i personally cannot imagine a use case for it. 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Keto
Author

Hello, first of all thank you for your reply !
Your work is admirable and well supplied !

The point is that my team and I are exploring the possibilities of industrialization that the NPrinting API can offer us. I am therefore trying to test most of the methods provided to us by the NPrinting API in order to be able to obtain a vision of the possibilities (it is therefore a discovery phase).

So I have trouble conceiving the usefulness of the NPrinting API concerning the "On-Demand", because indeed this one is relevant to use when selecting filters to subsequently download the current sheet will apply our filters, all from the graphical interface.

I would say then that I have difficulty in conceiving the possibilities offered by the API, at the level of On-Demand and therefore without going through the usual procedure of creating a button on the visualization and exporting the report using this button...

Keto
Author

Here is our problem :
We would like to be able to create NPrinting reports on our development servers and then publish them as we do for qliksense applications automatically or semi-automatically but in no way manual.
All this to all of our customers who point to the same type of qliksense application.

Example: We have an application called "MANAGEMENT", it will be deployed on different streams (only one stream per client). This "MANAGEMENT" application has two standard NPrinting states.
How should we proceed to distribute these reports in our case (we have more than a hundred clients and any manual operation is not possible)

PS : to automate our qliksense deployment, we used qlik cli, so we would like to do the same with nprinting api

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I am little bit confused. If I were you I would start by looking at official documentation here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=46#Methods

This is a list of all possible at the moment methods. You can only do as much as is documented there. 

If you were planning to do some sort of deployment using API there is no way you can automate whole process. You will be able to create apps, connections, but report templates migration from DEV to PROD and all task setup needs to be done manually. 

There is no answer to such a broad question like yours so I am not sure what else I can suggest. You would have to break down whole process into individual steps to see which of them can be supported by use of API - therefore automated and which of the steps simply dont have a endpoint.

At this stage I think you need a Qlik consultant who has great experience and can tell you what is possible and what is not. That will be the most efficient way of dealing with it, but gathering by what you just written above I can say that you will not be able to fully automate deployment PROD->DEV using just an API