Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jipsondsouza
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting Admin ID got deleted

Hi all,

My NPrinting admin ID got deleted by mistake and I am not able to login to Nprinting. Plus I don't know the second admin ID and all the users are created manually in NPrinting user list also there is no source to get the details of existing Admin ID as it was created long back . So how should  I recover admin ID which got deleted. Please Suggest the solution.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

As general rule, Qlik NPrinting doesn't let you to delete all the users with Admin role. At least one still exists. 

1 - If you have a scheduled and recent backup created before the admin deletion, you can evaluate to restore it.

2 - If you can login with a user that can run APIs calls you can run a GET roles https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=49 and find the admin role ID. Then retrieve the list of users IDs and check one by one with https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=51 to see if they have the admin role ID. I suggest you to write a custom software to do this. 

3 - If you have the repository password you can connect to it with PgAdmin and run the query:

SELECT public.usr.domain_account, public.usr.email
FROM public.role, public.role_recipient, public.usr
where
public.role.name = 'Administrator' and
public.role.id = public.role_recipient.role_id and
public.role_recipient.recipient_id = public.usr.recipient_id

It will retrieve the list of users with administrator roles. Please create a backup before because connecting to the repository is dangerous if you modify it. If you are not skilled in using PgAdmin please open a support ticket.

Please note also that April 2019 is out of support, so I suggest you to upgrade to a more recent version.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

As general rule, Qlik NPrinting doesn't let you to delete all the users with Admin role. At least one still exists. 

1 - If you have a scheduled and recent backup created before the admin deletion, you can evaluate to restore it.

2 - If you can login with a user that can run APIs calls you can run a GET roles https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=49 and find the admin role ID. Then retrieve the list of users IDs and check one by one with https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=51 to see if they have the admin role ID. I suggest you to write a custom software to do this. 

3 - If you have the repository password you can connect to it with PgAdmin and run the query:

SELECT public.usr.domain_account, public.usr.email
FROM public.role, public.role_recipient, public.usr
where
public.role.name = 'Administrator' and
public.role.id = public.role_recipient.role_id and
public.role_recipient.recipient_id = public.usr.recipient_id

It will retrieve the list of users with administrator roles. Please create a backup before because connecting to the repository is dangerous if you modify it. If you are not skilled in using PgAdmin please open a support ticket.

Please note also that April 2019 is out of support, so I suggest you to upgrade to a more recent version.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jipsondsouza
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli