Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaspsing
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting April 2018 - Cycle and distribute to dynamic email

Hello All,

Recently we upgraded Nprinting from 17.3 to April-2018 (18.9.5) version.

I have one Business requirement and had impression that newer version will help but it seems not.

Details : We have some Manager report with multiple employee status for each manager, which we want to send to manager every day. Earlier we were creating excel sheet with dynamically created sub sheet in excel for each manager. After upgrade we are able to create separate excel sheet for each manager. the only pending item is to dynamically send those each individual excel sheet created for that particular manager for the status of their reporting employees. But I am not able to find if there is any way to achieve this requirement using Nprinting April 2018 version.

Thanks

Jaspal

4 Replies
peterbergman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

An idea could be. If you have the managers as users you could connect a filter on the users. When you then add users to the report the distribution of the report will be filtered with the filter from the user,.

Manager, Filter

Manager Joe, Department =A

Manager Jenny, Department = B

Manager Bill, Department = C

Then on the task you add the report and all the three managers. Then it should be three different reports created with the filter applied.

Regards

Peter

jaspsing
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Peter,

thanks for response, but in this case do I have to create "N" numbers of  tasks if I have"N" numbers of managers.

Because our report may contain more than 200 managers.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaspal Singh,

I am also having the same issue. Let me know if you find any solution for this.

I really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks

Jyothi Kantipudi

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can create an Excel file with managers, filters and import it to create all users and filters you need without doing them manually. I suggest to create a group (or many groups) with all managers inside (you create the group in the Excel imported file) than you add the group to the publishing tasks, not each single manager.

Importing user is greatly improved in recent version so I suggest also to upgrade to latest version.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.