cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting - Associate differently named fields from two data sources

Hi all,

NPrinting is creating a Powerpoint report using Sales data sources.

The report shall show sales data for the different Sales.Zones (e.g. EMEA, APAC, Americas) for different products.

The Sales.Zones are reflected in Pages meaning, NPrinting is cycling the report internally. Internal cycling creates a slide for every Zone with the relevant objects and graphs.

Now the descreption of my problem

The objects in the NPrinting report are using two different sources:

- Object A uses the Sales.Zones source. This object is correctly reflected in the output, created by NPrinting (eg.: slides "APAC" shows Sales Data of APAC).

- Object B uses the Sales.Regions source (e.g. China, Japan). This object is not correctly reflected in the output and will show only sample data, as the (Page) cycle refers to ZONES not REGIONS in the Sales.Regions data source.

How can I map the Regions to the Zones, eg.:

APAC = China, Japan, Korea...

EMEA= Spain, Italy, Germany...

Americas=USA, Canada, Brazil,

so that the Page cycle applies also to object B?

Is it possible to manually Link field variables?

Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suppose that with "different sources" you mean two different Qlik NPrinting connections. At the moment (September 2018) the solution is to create a single Qlik Sense app or QlikView document only for reporting purposes with data from the two sources you are using now and the charts you need to create your reports.

This is because Qlik NPrinting 17+ doesn't yet support Linked Fields that are present in Qlik NPrinting 16 versions.

With Linked Field you can create a Sales.Zones field in the second source and link it with the correspondent field in the first source and use the result in the Pages node of your PowerPoint template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero

thanks for your fast answer!

"With Linked Field you can create a Sales.Zones field in the second source and link it with the correspondent field in the first source and use the result in the Pages node of your PowerPoint template."

How can I create a Sales.Zones field in the second source?

When I click on Linked Fields, I can only choose out of a field- list from all the fields available in the source (/ connection) B.

This is because Qlik NPrinting 17+ doesn't yet support Linked Fields that are present in Qlik NPrinting 16 versions. I am using an NPrinting 16 version, will this help me and how?

Best Regards,

Gunther

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to add the field by updating the loading script. How it depends on the data sources you are connecting. Or, maybe, you could use an inline load. It depends on how your document is build. In case ask for details to the person who created it.

About the using of Linked Fields in Qlik NPrinting 16 refer to How to Use Linked Fields with Keep All Matching Values Only

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.