Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weijietc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Audit Logs

Hi All,

Is there anyway to capture NPrinting Audit Logs as details as possible? 

Audit Logs require what the users clicks or change in :

1. User login into NP Web Console

2. User login to newsstand

3. NPrinting Designer

Thanks.

15 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

All available Qlik NPrinting logs are described here: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Logging.htm. There are no more log that the ones you can have by enabling the debug level. 

At the moment, June 2019, there is not a specific feature to monitor users activities.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Please check out the Qlik NPrinting November 2020 release which contains an Audit Log capability that may help you.  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Audit-... 

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

@Andrew_Kruger 

Is it possible to load the logs directly into Qlik Sense (e.g. via the REST connector) or do the logs always have to be downloaded first?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can upload the CSV in Qlik Sense via REST connector.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

does this mean that I always have to download the file manually before reading it back into Qlik Sense?

I would like a solution without this intermediate step. Meaning a direct connection from Qlik Sense to the audit trail of NPrinting.

That way I would have less effort and less sources of errors.

Greetings

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Danijel,

The unsupported method I am using is:

Once you create this you can SQL select the only table available there which contains audit logs. The way I work with it is that I run extract daily when no one is using it I store it to QVD file and each day i run incremental load to append  data to it. This allows me to store historical audit too. Everything else in logs is self explanatory.

Things to remember:

• timestamp is in UTC mode so you may need to convert it to your local time with Qlik function

NOTE: THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED METHOD SO YOU WILL BE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

on the other hand it works like a charm 🙂

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can connect to the Repository as suggested by @Lech_Miszkiewicz or, starting from next version February 2021, you can connect via API that is supported:

Audit data can be exported as JSON via API
Audit data can now be exported in JSON format due to new API audit/events.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

thanks for the info.

The version is not yet published 🙂

Regarding the suggestion of @Lech_Miszkiewicz  . He writes that this is not supported, does that mean that in case of technical problems Qlik denies support?

As I understand it, the connection would be read-only?

Greetings

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, sorry, February 2021 is not yet published but it will be soon so I think you could evaluate to wait some days and implement an API based solution when available or follow the suggestion from @Lech_Miszkiewicz.

February 2021 is available as technical preview at https://community.qlik.com/t5/Technical-Preview-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-February-2021-Technical-P... in case you want to test it in a sandbox (not in production). 

I told this to you so you can make a better decision. I want to avoid that you invest time today to develop the SQL solution and after few days the API become available. 

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero