Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve1982
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Auto Enable Editing Excel Report

Hi,

I am create a NP excel report, which the using GETPIVOTDATA formula.

NP able to publish the report by attachment (excel), but it must click Enable Editing in order to show the number.

Is that a way to auto enable the "Enable Editing" on Excel in NP? This is because when the excel publish on NewsStand, it show all blank.

Thanks

Steve

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The editing mode in files attached to emails could depend on email client security setting. I fast seargh for it in Gollge and I found something in the Microsoft websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/open-attachment-from-outlook-2016-in-edit-mod...

I published an Excel report with a pivot table in my NewsStand and I can download it and open without the need to manually enable the editing mode.

Could you add more details and complete screenshots?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
steve1982
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Ruggero.

The enable editing alert I am manage removed from the excel, by change the setting on excel.

But when report publish to NewsStand, it still show as 0 as per screenshot.

Thanks

Steve

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

Please follow https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel....

Be sure that you completed the instructions in the chapter "Ensuring data is refreshed when report is opened". They are mandatory to refresh the pivot data on opening the Excel file.

Try to download the file from the NewsStand and check if it is correct.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.