Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diego_rueda
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Automatic Filters

Hi,

I want to connect NPrinting with a Database. On this database i have users and filters for all apps. Actually im using this database to make section access on qliksense apps and i want to create and assign filters based on this database. 

Is possible create automatic filters based on this database and assign that for each user?. For example i have one user that has region filter and i want to create this user, create filter and assign that for one report. Is that Possible?.

Hola,

Quisiera saber si es posible administrar, crear y asignar filtros haciendo uso de una base de datos. Actualmente tengo todo lo relacionado con Section Access en mis aplicaciones de qliksense y quisiera saber si es posible hacer uso de esta base de datos para crear filtros, asignarselos a los usuarios y a los informes de manera automatica. Con lo cual solo sería necesario hacer mantenimiento en la base de datos.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I suggest you go to https://help.qlik.com and get some basic understanding what NPrinting is and how it works!

NPrinting uses QlikView or Qlik Sense as a source of data + LDAP & Excel as a potential source of user import.

NPrinting cannot be directly connected with DB. You can workaround your requirement by:

• pulling your user data from your DB to qlik
  • creating NPrinting report (Excel Template) which will create a file, which then can be used during recipient import and can create/update or delet recipients
  • make sure you review on the above mentioned website the exact format of the XLS which needs to have fields and sheet names static and in certain format&order!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
diego_rueda
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

All problem is because I need to send report to 300 users and each one has their own filter per user that is stored in a mysql database. I want to create and asign filters automatically when i'm importing users and allocate filters on filters section.

Using this i can generate and send tis reports without create each one user and filter on diferent row values and fields for one connection. I was reading about use REST API Connector and create this process but this is so complex. I was thinking that maybe is possible using other kind of strategy. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this can be done and is described in help document as i said before...It just cannot be done directly from your DB.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/search/?q=import+users

1.png

you are not the first person who needs to send reports to 300 recipients.

regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.