cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[NPrinting] CSS and JS support

Hello,

A client was asking if NPrinting will support, in any future version, css or js code on an embedded html report. For some reason If the code is on head section of embedded html report, It doesn't work properly.

Labels (1)
  • Other

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Anonymous 

CSS does work. I suspect you have an issue with developing your NPrinting report using the CSS information.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @Frank_S but I mean on an embedded report on mail section of a task.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Frank is right, CSS works as long as they are between BODY tags as only this part of HTML template is moved to email body. JS is also moved if you put it in between BODY tags. The actual problem is that email clients (regardless of the actual client for security reasons dont allow JS in email body). 

So the question if JS will ever be available in email body cannot be answered by NPrinting team. They don't control it.

I have already gone through this 2 years ago when I wanted to use google charts in html generated reports in email body. I learned that it was possible to configure CSS and JS and everything. I was able to send email, but preview in outlook did not work (content was blocked by email client). Then as soon as you open this email in web browser everything was rendered. More digging and I soon I learned that JS will never worked in email body.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

also more about formatting your mail content here:

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/05/24/creating-email-content-in-nprinting/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Lech, this is just for images?

What is about marked text, in html editor everything okay, but in mail come like I didn't implement any format...:/

Jasmina

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What do you mean by “marked text” ? Do you mean <mark> tag?

how did you implement it, is it inline?

Did you check if email client supports it?