Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Connection Issue

My environment

Qlikview Server 12.20

NPrinting v18.39.6.0

I have an issue where the NPrinting Scheduler service is stopping every 6 mins or so and the connection is timing out, means if I am trying to create a connection to the APP in qlikview it times out. None of the existing connections are working.

Quick background , we have applied some security changes like fire wall and other stuff and thats when we started seeing this issue. I have tried every thing. Opened ports 4993 and 4994. Logs are not telling much . Any ideas what could be missing or went wrong

NPrintig URL is https://Server:4993

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are the Qlik NPrinting Engines online?

What do you see if you run a Verify Connection?

Did you checked the log files? Could you share them?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes ENgine is online and Verify Connection keeps spinning.  Which log files you are looking for ? Scheduler?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes Scheduler and Engine log files https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Loggin...

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you have unsupported items in your QVWs, logging and connection verification will not expose this.

Please check the following and adapt your QVWs according to the recommendations in the article.

Nprinting: Unsupported QlikView Document items, System Configurations and other limitations

How to Resolve the NPrinting 17, 18, 19 and Higher Version Hangs, Purged Connection and Verification...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!