cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBITLATMHCC
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Connection failed to connect to QlikView server

NPrinting failed to connect QlikView server.

Dear NP experts, I am looking for some assistance on NPrinting. As I cannot connect to QlikView Dashboards located in Qlikview server.

I cannot see any QlikView dashboards when I try to open the Open in server in QlikView app (qvp://qlikservername/).

I tried other way to open .qvw from NP server  C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv  the open in different user (service acc user) but cannot see any dashbaords in the list. please see attached pic. looks like i am missing something here. please suggest the solution  

The reason I'm trying to avoid the Connection error in NPrinting( The specified identity can open the document). Please see 2nd picture attached.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would also check and sync the QlikView desktop client version used on the NPrinting server with the version used of the QlikView Server. If you have an older version on NPrinting you will most likely get in trouble connecting (you might even get in trouble if you are using a later version).

Edit: I took a look at you images and it looks like that version compatibility is not an issue. I would keep focusing on @Lech_Miszkiewicz  good suggestion. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure your NPrinitng engine service account meets all requirements and is able to access QlikView documents - at the moment that is what you are missing. It is not even NPrinitng setting but your environment & service account configuration + QlikView access for that account.  There is no way we can guess what you have not configured but below are things you may check:

• If qvw has section access make sure NPrinting service account is added to it
  • If qvw is distributed with publisher to specified users, make sure your nprinting service account is also listed there
  • If you have windows permissions set on folders where qvw are stored make sure nPrinting service account can access it

Also as always check on official help page: https://help.qlik.com for more info, for example:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Verify-connecti...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would also check and sync the QlikView desktop client version used on the NPrinting server with the version used of the QlikView Server. If you have an older version on NPrinting you will most likely get in trouble connecting (you might even get in trouble if you are using a later version).

Edit: I took a look at you images and it looks like that version compatibility is not an issue. I would keep focusing on @Lech_Miszkiewicz  good suggestion.