cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyj
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Connection will not Refresh Cache

I have a connection that has been running fine for a year. It reloaded the cache fine on 7/31. Month end reports seemed to go out fine. On 8/1 it tried to reload, but never finished and aborted a day later. I had not touched it. 

August 1, 2020 6:55:20 AM Info Cache generation started on connection f29841eb-231e-4138-8a86-01c034045052
August 2, 2020 6:55:00 AM Warn Aborting task execution 838035ea-c12a-4329-8a73-53ce25f83601.

It tried a reload after it aborted, and I got this:

August 2, 2020 6:55:00 AM Fatal Execution startup failed: Unexpected row count: 0; expected: 1

Every time I try to reload, I get that same fatal execution message. 

I can create an identical connection, and it runs just fine. I cannot change the connections on the reports however, which searches on the message board tell me is how it is designed.

I cannot delete that connection, which I understand will ruin the reports. 

Any ideas on fixing the connection? Or am I going to have to create new reports from the new working connection?

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (2)
7 Replies
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Nobody have anything on this. I was off for 2 weeks. I came back and tried it again. Result?

"Execution startup failed: Unexpected row count: 0; expected: 1"

An identical new connection runs fine. The old will not. Anybody have anything? Is there anything something saved that the old connection is calling? 

The only other error I can find in the logs is:

" [error] <0.294.0> ensure_epmd: unable to find executable 'erl' in PATH: 'false'"

According to Qlik and Google, that should not cause any trouble.

Verification runs fine:

Engine: xxxxxxx
Initializing..
The connection parameters are formally valid.
QlikView Desktop is installed.
The QlikView Desktop license is valid.
The Windows account used to run the Qlik NPrinting Engine is a local administrator.
The document exists.
The specified identity can open the document.
Completed

Tami
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did you double check the App Id on the old connection?  We had a similar experience where the App Id somehow changed in the Qlik Sense App. We put in new App Id in the old connection and it worked. This may be a different  issue but worth a second check. 

timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

No App Id that I can see. 

There is one Qlikview QVW. There is one App and Connection for general reporting. There is a second App (Called SMR) and Connection (SMR) for a very large report that had special email and filter requirements. The App and Connection for general reporting has never failed. The Connection (SMR) for the large report ran for 24 hours, aborted, and now cannot refresh. The App (SMR) and Connection (SMR) were never touched. After the aborted 24 hour refresh, Connection (SMR) just has never been able to run.  I set up another Connection (SMR V2) using App (SMR), that is identical to the original, and it runs every time. Sadly, NPrinting does not allow somebody to change the connection on reports. The reports have to be re-created. 

It is confusing because just this one connection stopped running. All my other apps and connections are fine.

Bunim
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the same problem. did you find an answer to this?

timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

No. I had to create a new connection, app, reports, tasks, fileters. I could not delete the old connection either. I am no longer at the same company and do not know what happened with it all, but I could never get the old connection to work. Just weird.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Why can't you change this connection by creating one in the same app?

• export & import/replace existing reports
  • re-import filters

That should be straightforward task (unless you have 100s of reports linked to that one single connection)

regarding the actual issue - I think there is no point talking as version  April 2020 is already not supported and first needs to be upgraded to supported version - which I assume would fix this issue anyway.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@timothyj I second upgrading, April 2020 is pretty old(software gets old fast LOL!), see if that resolves this...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Upgrade-Steps-and-Best-Practi...