Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAS_Eddie
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Corrupt Excel Template

Good afternoon,

I'm hoping you all can help as I’ve lost my progress twice today due to file corruptions.

I save often, and the template preview loads without issue, but after I switch back and forth between different NPrinting Templates, when I go back to my original work I get the attached error #1 followed by error#2 when opening the template.  Whether it’s a result of closing the template or opening a second one after it I do not know.

The logs do not appear to contain any useful information. Attached.

After hitting yes, the template loads but it does not respond to save and close. If it hit the X I'm asked if I want to save, but hitting yes does nothing, the only way to close the screen the NPrinting Designer template is via the task manager or by selecting no.

I've attached the corrupted file. I can repair it if I open it separately, but as soon as I reopen it via the template, the error shows up again.

Using:

Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2

Version: 18.29.9.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

I have only seen this issue once before.

If you are attempting to load data from another non Qlik Source ie: using Excel data source or a third party excel tool, this could cause the issue. 

NPrinting cannot load data from a 3rd party tool and these tools may interfere with NPrinting reporting thus causing the issue you are experiencing.

You can only load data from an NPrinting trusted source. Either a QVW or QVF.

Note that I also saw an NSQ in your zip file. NSQs are only used in NP 16 so I'm not sure why you have included in your zip file since you are indicating that you are using:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I have only seen this issue once before.

If you are attempting to load data from another non Qlik Source ie: using Excel data source or a third party excel tool, this could cause the issue. 

NPrinting cannot load data from a 3rd party tool and these tools may interfere with NPrinting reporting thus causing the issue you are experiencing.

You can only load data from an NPrinting trusted source. Either a QVW or QVF.

Note that I also saw an NSQ in your zip file. NSQs are only used in NP 16 so I'm not sure why you have included in your zip file since you are indicating that you are using:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
IAS_Eddie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, due to the size of the data, I've since abandoned this aspect of the project. It's been much quicker to export the raw data directly from Qlik and use our existing excel template than to redo the template in NPrinting having it cycle through our product lines.
As a result, I am no longer able to verify, but what you're saying makes sense. I have not run into this issue with any of the other reports I've made and in this instance, I believe for these tests, I copy/ pasted a significant amount of the formulas from our excel template directly into the NPrinting template, so I may have picked up an unintended excel data source they were referencing.
I'll go ahead and mark this as resolved. Thanks again!