Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohsinqlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting Designer 17 cannot run as standalone program

Hi Everyone,

After  installation of NPrinting 17 Server,Engine and designer there are no shortcuts being created and when i manually try to start NPrinting Designer from installation i am getting  "NPrinting  Designer 17 cannot run as standalone program" error.

Its just one day that NPrinting 17 is released so its with slim hope i am asking the question.

P.S I have checked the services and all the Services are running.

Regards,

Mohsin Choudhary

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Moshin -

You can no longer run the designer as a standalone application. It must be launched from the web client. You can do this by creating or editing a template.

Note that the designer application that is launched has its functionality limited to template authoring only. All other NP constructs (tasks, filters, etc.) are handled by the web client.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Moshin -

You can no longer run the designer as a standalone application. It must be launched from the web client. You can do this by creating or editing a template.

Note that the designer application that is launched has its functionality limited to template authoring only. All other NP constructs (tasks, filters, etc.) are handled by the web client.

mohsinqlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Stephen,

I found this just now.

Just one more question , I have added a new engine using machine name but its status is still coming as offline.....This should change. I have given the computer name without domain name as machine name.

sjw

Regards,

Mohsin Choudhary

Stephen_Jasionowski

The engine should change from offline to online after a couple minutes.

If it doesn't I'd restart the RabbitMQ service and then restart the NPrinting Engine service.

mohsinqlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I Restarted the Services.Now it is working.

Thanks sjw

Not applicable

How do you get to the web client?  Do you do this from the server or from your laptop?

Stephen_Jasionowski

Not applicable

Hi...

Did someone experience issue with SSL certificate throwing error message? I have requested and installed SSL cert on the server and it does not resolve the issue.

Any workaround/resolution for this?

Thanks,

Vishal

alan_richmond
Creator
Creator

Hi did you get a resolution, I have the same issue

amaldgain
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Can I run Nprinting Designer 17 SR1 (without install NPrinting Engine)?

I already install in client, but can't run. 

Regards
Amal