Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting Designer Pixel perfect fields not linked to the name of the labels (Qliksense)

NPrinting fields not linked to the name of the labels

Hello everybody,
I have a problem that I cannot solve.
I have created master items with associated variables.
In the "labels" field of the master items I have entered the description.

in NPrinting when I enter a new layer, I expect the level entries to be named as the labels but this doesn't happen.

Thanks to those who want to help me.

Alessandro

unnamed.png

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@alexandernatale

This 'might' be solved by following the article below:

Keep in mind when reviewing the article, the minimum version of Qlik Sense necessary to make the necessary config file changes in Qlik Sense.

@Ruggero_Piccoli

Can you verify?

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Those are Id's of master items and this is expected behaviour. Measure names were never coming up and this is not documented so not sure why you expected names there. Behaviour you describe works different in QlikView though - so maybe you thought it is the same for Qlik Sense, but it isn't

There is a way to achieve what you want but it is complicated, requires unsupported Qlik Sense extension for the time when you create measures. https://github.com/GINQO/Master-Item-Manager This extension allows you to manage(create/update/delete) master measures and dimensions and what is most important allows you to enter master measure or dimension id. So if my measure is Sales I also can create master item with the ID named "sales" and when I bring this in to nprinting it will show just that.

I use this all the time and my workflow heavily depends on this solution.  Once planned and maintained is a great help in any development. I marked the field in screenshot below which corresponds to what you see in NPrinting designer. Keep in mind that for every measure and dimension ID must be unique. Details and risks of using it you will find under the link. I suggest you play with it first on some test dummy app.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1648163215387.png

@Frank_S has mentioned interesting point - i need to test it though as his link was initially related to different topic, but it may as well change the behaviour we see in designer. 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks to @Lech_Miszkiewicz  and @Frank_S  for the reply!

I'm honest: I was blown away by your answers because seeing a qlik help video the labels inside the levels are "talking" and there are no object IDs. So I thought it was a features

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR9K04RFX8o&list=PLkRFvjyuHFvIRoBrTmVKtJAe1fe4eBbKl&index=2

Schermata 2022-03-25 alle 12.57.54.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @alexandernatale 

That video shows QlikView used as a source. You can see this as object have  as per QlikView naming convention (CH for Charts, LB for listboxes etc..) and as I said before with QlikView behaviour is different.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

after that, how can I then link the labels of a table on Pixel Perfect so that it is linked to the size label of the master items?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry - I dont understand your question.

Not sure what you are trying to link to "the size" (what size?) of the master item. 

If you are new to NPrinting and want to develop in Pixel Perfect template I suggest to go through all the videos from the series you mentioned in your link and also go through tutorias from help site: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Intro-PixelPerfe...

You may also review this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-Training-and-Information-Resources-Step-by-St...

cheers

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests with Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR4 also by enabling the option linked by @Frank_S and it seems an issue related to master measures only (master dimensions appears with the complete description) an only in PixelPerfect templates (in Excel, for example, the description is complete).

You could open a support ticket with a link to this conversation so a developer can check if it is possible to display the complete description also in PixelPerfect templates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.