Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg1291
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

NPrinting Designer cannot find template editor - Office 365

Hello,

me and my colleagues use  NPrinting Designer locally with Office 365.

Yesterday, suddenly, we were not able anymore to open the NPrinting Designer when editing Excel reports.

We work for different customers with different versions of NPrinting and none of us is able to open the designer anymore.

Everything works fine with Pixel Perfect, Word and Power Point.

Do you know if there has been some kind of update to Excel 365? We started to experience this issue only yesterday and worked correctly for the last months.

I attach the error's screenshot

unnamed.png

We already tried to solve the problem editing the screen resolution and the Designer.exe compatibility tab as explained here.

Thread 1 

Thread 2 

Thread 3 

Thank you very much,

Davide

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Greg1291
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks to both of you for the support!

Davide

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Having it set to "Optimize for compatibility" was causing the same error  for me as @Greg1291 had.

I had similar errors in previous instalations too though and I guess update of Excel just resets that setting to default (maybe)?

So to replicate steps which cause error you just need to set it up to the setting as on gif below:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1633513282413.gif

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Digvijay_Singh

I also faced one different problem in powerpoint template, that was introduced in office 365 version 2102. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-Designer-clicking-on-close-button...

Qlik support accepted at as a bug, last week we got response that it is planned to be fixed in May 2021 SP 3 but release date is not yet known.

In brief, its quite possible that something works in old office version and fails in new version.

Thanks,

Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

This issue is currently under NPrinting Developers review (QB-7433). Please, contact Qlik Support in case the solution suggested by Lech_Miszkiewicz does not work. Please, specify what version of Office is in use and what is the latest Windows update in your OS.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Greg1291 ,

Please let us know the exact version of Excel that caused the issue. You can access it selecting File, then Account and opening the About Excel dialog.

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1633532293672.png

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Greg1291
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @Ruggero_Piccoli , here it is:

unnamed (1).png

Regards,

Davide

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thank you @Greg1291

Your post information has been forwarded to R&D.

Keep in mind R&D is in Europe so unfortunately we may not get a response until tomorrow.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Greg1291

Please see this article about the issue and for a possible solution

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!