cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting Designer "Interface not found" error

I am installing NPrinting Designer on Windows Server.  It installs without any issues or errors.  However, when I attempt to Edit Template of a report, I get this error message:

NPrinting Designer Interface not supported.png

I have restarted, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, etc. to no avail. 

The Designer opens properly on two other systems.  I have this problem on just this one.  There used to be an old installation of NPrinting 12 on this system but I un-installed it.  Is there some deeper cleaning to perform?

Any ideas?

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

• did you install it using "Admin" rights ("run as Administrator"?)
  • what template are you trying to edit - maybe MS Excel or Word or PPT? Is MSOffice installed on this machine? Seems like it is as you are saying that you had old NPrinitng installed on it.
  • Is ther any reason why are you trying to use designer on server? To be honest - Designer meant to be installed on"client/desktop" computers rather than on the servers.

cheers Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Yes, I installed it as Administrator.

I get the Interface Not Found error even when I attempt to edit an HTML template, which does not require Office.

I'm installing it on a development VM so that some occasional users can use the designer without having to have the software installed on their desktops, which requires an IT Work request.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is your system supported and other requirement are met?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_designer...

• Microsoft Windows 7
  • Microsoft Windows 8
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1
  • Microsoft Windows 10

Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported for these operating systems

.These operating systems are supported by Qlik NPrinting. Third-party software may require service packs to be installed.

• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2

These server operating systems are supported, but we recommend that you install Qlik NPrinting Designer only on client computers and not on servers, because server capacity is not needed when developing report templates.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - did you resolve this issue?

cheers

Lech

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved.

The virtual machine is running Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1, so it appears to be supported.

I have the QlikView Desktop client version 11.20 SR9 installed too.

Kevin

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

did you try to re-install. I saw couple of topic where re-install helped.