cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting - Edit Template does not work after upgrading to 17.4

Hello Community

I have following issue, after upgrading NPrinting from 17.3 to 17.4.

After hitting the button "Edit Template" under "Reports" and after allow to access the NPrinting Server the following screen appears.

Does anyone of you have had the same Problems?

Best regards

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
czm
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert,

sorry if I repeat something or if I've not understood the situation, but just to be clear: the designer is not a web app, so when you press "Edit template" the designer is running on your machine (the one I was referring with "developer machine"), not on the server on which NP (server and/or engine) is installed.

So as far as I know to run the designer on the server you have to do a remote desktop connection (e.g., using RDP or team viewer) to the server, navigate the NP Web Console, press edit template and then you will use the designer installed on the server machine (but you can edit the template in a simpler way installing the designer on whatever development machine and then navigating the Web console from this development machine, pressing edit template etc.).

I'm wondering if you are "clicking edit template" from a machine in which is installed an old designer. Or maybe I've simply not understood the situation correctly.

Thanks
Carlo

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you type the error in English?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Invalid character length for base 64 character array or string

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

your upgraded?  still it is showing 17.3?     In template what are the data your using?  may b e try with new template?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, we upgraded from 17.3 to 17.4.

Still showing 17.3 but only if we want to edit the template. In the "about" window it shows, that it is running on Version 17.4. Also checked the applications installed on the server. Engine, Designer and Server are on 17.4

Using Excel and PowerPoint Template

Just tried a new template, did not work neither.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did  you checked log file and all services are running?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you tell me, where I can find the logs on the server? Maybe you have a default path for me?

Checked every service and restarted them all too. Did not work so far

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

type in floder search bar

C:\ProgramData \Nprinting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Checked every log file on the path you gave me. Thank you so far! I did not find anything helpful in this log files. I jest reproduced the error and searched for the latest record in the log file. This error will not be logged unfortunately.

lauranvh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Have you also updated the Qlik NPrinting Designer?

This is my June2017 Designer after the update.

June2017 NPDesigner.png