Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

paul_ripley
Contributor

NPrinting - Embed an Excel table in Powerpoint

Hello

We need to show zeros as ‘-‘ rather than ‘0’ in our tables in NPrinting when presented in Powerpoint

I believe you can embed an excel table in Powerpoint so that you can then use excel functionalilty in powerpoint.

I’m just wondering how to do this in NPrinting

I can see you have the function InsertTable/Excel Spreadhseet

Id like to take an existing excel s/sheet and insert it so that I can use the excel formatting to keep the formula a little more simple.  How do you do this?

Many thanks

Paul

Tags (1)
3 Replies
sjcuthbertson
New Contributor II

Re: NPrinting - Embed an Excel table in Powerpoint

Hi Paul,

I think your question is really just a Microsoft PowerPoint question, not an NPrinting one. "How do I embed a pre-existing Excel spreadsheet file in a PowerPoint slide?"

I don't believe it's possible to do that directly (in any PowerPoint file, nothing to do with NPrinting). However surely you can just embed a new Excel Spreadsheet using the button you've shown in your screenshot, and paste in the content from your pre-existing spreadsheet that exists separately?

One word of warning: at the time of writing I am attempting to embed Excel spreadsheets in a Qlik NPrinting PowerPoint report (just as you want to do) and am finding that PowerPoint (the instance 'within' Nprinting) crashes consistently whilst doing this. (Nprinting Nov 2017 version.) A standalone instance of PowerPoint (outside NPrinting) doesn't crash following the same steps. I found your question whilst searching to see if I'm the only person experiencing this: whether it's me or a software bug. I'd be really grateful, if you try this out, if you can reply back if you also get crashes!

elias_lohilahti
New Contributor II

Hi!

Same problem here, Nprinting PP crashes every time trying to open Excel through that "Excel Spreadsheet" button! Does anyone know whether there is a fix or workaround for this? I would need to have an Excel Pivot table added to the PP presentation.

sjcuthbertson
New Contributor II

Good to know I'm not the only one. Do you still get this problem in the latest version of NPrinting? (April 2018 I believe, at time of writing.)

I'm still on NPrinting Nov 2017 and unable to upgrade to April (or Feb) 2018 for other, unrelated reasons, so I haven't tested this against the latest version. Consequently I haven't reported this formally to Qlik as a possible bug. (In any case, I worked around it by just using regular PowerPoint tables and accepting a slight loss of functionality.)

If you're still getting this problem with April 2018 release, I suggest it might be worth reporting to Qlik as a bug.

Community Browser