Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Engine failed to open document - After Successful completion for 1st 4 recipients

i have a couple publish tasks that generates a report to 5-7 people, the report will send to the 1st 3 people with no issues and then the remaining will receive the following warning and the report will send with an error message. This just started happening a few days ago when we switched from a local connection to the QVP connection.  Is there an additional setting that would need to be changed in the report that after this connection change is made to allow it to send to all recipients? 

WARN: error during report generation: NPrinting Engine failed to open document

We are using NPrinting June 2019 and just switched from a Local to a QVP connection 

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do you have section access? If so - are all users domain accounts created properly in NPrinting?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I have section access and the users are set up properly.  Other reports in which they are one of the 1st 3 recipients they receive just fine.  In addition, they were receiving this report with no issues even being after the 1st 3 recipients of the report until we upgraded to June 2019 and switched from Local to CVP connections. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well since you changed connection type i am sure uou have read documentation describing that section access is handled differently when using local and qvp connections...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access...

Maybe just double check if you meet all requirents!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using domain accounts for all Users and the connections are server authenticated, which I believe are the two settings to verify for the section access. 

Is there something else I should verify that I'm missing? 

I think I mentioned before it seems to work fine and send with no issues to all of the users as long as there is no more than 3 recipients on the publish task.