Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Error - NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting Template Editor for the File - EXCEL

Hi Guys, I'm having issues with NPrint Designer in that it suddenly wont work with excel. Powerpoint OK, Word OK, opening a report in excel throws the typical error: NPrinting Error - NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting Template Editor for the File

any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II

With this, I fought for the past week.  I applied all the workarounds I found ( this above update was not yet available) . Indeed, the issue is caused by office update. Mine came few days ago but the editor started to crush after 1st restart. 

I solve it by reinstalling the office from scratch.  We also did the update and still works.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

The following article has been updated to include the most recent issue affecting those who have upgraded MS office directly or via windows updates.

The workaround is to roll back to the pre upgrade or updated version of MS office.

check the article below for specifics of version builds of MS excel affected thus far.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
d3fault
Contributor II
Contributor II

With this, I fought for the past week.  I applied all the workarounds I found ( this above update was not yet available) . Indeed, the issue is caused by office update. Mine came few days ago but the editor started to crush after 1st restart. 

I solve it by reinstalling the office from scratch.  We also did the update and still works.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@d3fault

Thank you for sharing that with the team here!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Others are also solving the fully reinstalling and reinstalling MS office or by performing a full Online Repair of MS office.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I replicated issue after upgrading to latest version in this post and in my case excel setting was causing it and I also found in my case different workaround.

Check my post here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-template-edi...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Many thanks for help guys, have passed this onto my IT to reinstall MS Office

cheers