Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveviscountrxs
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Error - NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting Template Editor for the File

I am getting the following Error when I try and Edit a Template in NPrinting.  I have tried everything to try and get it fixed.  Any suggestions?

QlikError2.jpg

15 Replies
davemove
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for this!  You just saved my bacon

shope99
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is this being addressed (it still exists in Feb 2019).  I just got a new laptop with Windows 10, and the default setting (recommended) for Scaling is 125%.  I get the error "Qlik NPrinting designer can't find a supported reporting template editor for the file <temp>".  Error message "No document is open to perform the operation requested."

This seems like a bug that should be squashed (or the error should give better instructions on things to check), as this fix is very unintuitive, and it took me longer than I would have liked to find the relevant documentation (this thread in the community) to address the problem.  Top google searches suggest registry entry changes (which don't fix), and I was a few hits down before I came across this fix....

Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately the Windows 10 limitation still remains.

This will remain here in the known limitations section of each respective product release notes attached here for you're convenience.

Qlik NPrinting Designer crashes sometimes with zoomed screen settings
If you experience random crashes when using Qlik NPrinting Designer, open your Windows Display Settings
in the Control Panel and verify that Smaller – 100% (default) is selected. When settings of 125% or 150% are
selected, Qlik NPrinting Designer may crash

It's not the answer you were hoping for however it does provide the current status of this particular scenario.

Please share this information with your fellow NP designer colleagues as well if possible. You can refer to this Known Limitations should you have questions about this in future releases of NPrinting as well. If is available on the Qlik Downloads site.

If the zoom fix doesn't work, then I recommend starting a Qlik Support case or a support case with your Qlik Support partner.

Information regarding this issue can also be found here. I've updated the following article with the information provided above as well : NPrinting Designer Freeze and/or Crash or Will Not Open

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shope99
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks, Frank.  I note that there is no JIRA ticket ID associated with this - are there any plans to actually resolve this issue ?  I have to say that a single application dictating my entire OS's settings around display is an unsatisfying "workaround", and I'm already annoyed at the resulting smaller font size display of applications on my laptop.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@shope99 

There is an internal PI (Problem Investigation) ID assigned to this.

The response is that the NP designer would need to undergo significant revamping to support DPI changes and zoom level accommodation.  

There is internal ID I can share with you regarding this idea added to our 'Ideation' system but there is no current road map for making this change other than possibly developing a web based NPrinting Designer. Again, there is no defined road map for this type of designer at this time as well. ID 1568: NPrinting Web Designer

Your concern is a common one amongst NP developers and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. What I personally do to work around this is to manage what I can like web browser zoom levels for example to at least enlarge the web browsing experience. This doesn't cover everything but it's one workaround for the web browsing experience. You can also use control + to increase word docs zooming etc as well.

Sorry I can't provide better news on this at this time but hope some of the information above helps.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shope99
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks, Frank, appreciate the update. We'll work around for now, I'll probably just adjust the setting to NPrinting Designer's liking when I'm working in designer and then switch back when done.  A pain, but easier than adjusting all other apps' settings since I'm not in Designer on a constant basis.