cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iisa_jose_gonza
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting Error

Hi Everyone, I'm facing a trouble with an NPrinting Execution Task.

I need to give an explanation about this, but I have no idea. 

ERROR:

System.Exception: NPrinting Engine failed to open document. No report will be generated.”

Capture NPrinting ErrorCapture NPrinting Error

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Thank you @iisa_jose_gonza 

I suggest that you use the NPrinting service account as the NPrinting connection 'identity' if you are not already doing so at this time. Further, I suggest that if the NPrinting service account does not have a token assigned to it that you assign a Qlik Sense token to the NPrinting service account.

Also, it is possible that the user identity associated with the NPrinting connection does not have section access permission to open the Qlik Sense application. If this is the case, you must add the NPrinting service account to the section access load script of the Qlik Sense application that you are connecting to. If you are not the Qlik Sense application developer you will need to ask that team to perform that step.

Once you add the user identity to the Qlik Sense load script assuming you are using section access, then you will also need to reload the necessary NPrinting connection metadata.

Please check all of the points above. If this does not resolve the issue, then I suggest submitting a support case so we can assist you further.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @iisa_jose_gonza 

Please specific which version of the following are you using

1. NPrinting server and NPrinting Engine

2, Qlik Sense server that NPrinting is connecting to.

This information is critical in the next steps we suggest.

Thank you.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
iisa_jose_gonza
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Frank,

1. NPrinting Server and NPrinting Engine

Qlik NPrinting February 2018 SR1

Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.0.4.0

Versión: 18.0.4

2. Qlik Sense

Qlik Sense June 2018 Patch 2 

qliksenseserver: 12.26.4

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thank you @iisa_jose_gonza 

I suggest that you use the NPrinting service account as the NPrinting connection 'identity' if you are not already doing so at this time. Further, I suggest that if the NPrinting service account does not have a token assigned to it that you assign a Qlik Sense token to the NPrinting service account.

Also, it is possible that the user identity associated with the NPrinting connection does not have section access permission to open the Qlik Sense application. If this is the case, you must add the NPrinting service account to the section access load script of the Qlik Sense application that you are connecting to. If you are not the Qlik Sense application developer you will need to ask that team to perform that step.

Once you add the user identity to the Qlik Sense load script assuming you are using section access, then you will also need to reload the necessary NPrinting connection metadata.

Please check all of the points above. If this does not resolve the issue, then I suggest submitting a support case so we can assist you further.

Kind regards...