Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dee1
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Excel Chart Y axis minimum and maximum values cannot be set

Hi all

Can you please please let me know if I can set the NPrinting Excel Chart Y axis to show as 0% for minimum and 100% as maximum values. It keeps on showing up as 120% max or 80% minimum.

Also can the values be sorted as max to min and not by alphabetical order.

Many thanks 

D

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. yes you can - this is really Excel setting (not even NPrinting setting). I tested it and and I was able to set it up to whatever value I wanted by: 

• right-clicking on the chart in excel editor
  • selecting "format axis"
  • axis options --> bounds-->  and manually setting minimum and maximum values

2. regarding sorting - NPrinting will inherit sorting used in QlikView object used as data source. Make sure you setup sorting in QlikView first.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. yes you can - this is really Excel setting (not even NPrinting setting). I tested it and and I was able to set it up to whatever value I wanted by: 

• right-clicking on the chart in excel editor
  • selecting "format axis"
  • axis options --> bounds-->  and manually setting minimum and maximum values

2. regarding sorting - NPrinting will inherit sorting used in QlikView object used as data source. Make sure you setup sorting in QlikView first.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Dee1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply Lech.

Yes I tried that many times. It is very strange. I also set to max value of 100% but it keeps on producing the max of 120% which I cannot have as 100% is the max. Could it be tied to the way the source data was set up?

Best regards Dee

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't know,

Without looking at your template setup and properties setup used in your NPrinting designer it is just a guessing...

I don't believe it is source - as source has nothing to do how you configure your chart properties in excel template in  NPrinting designer.

• So I am assuming you are setting up max as 1 (as 1 is 100%) on Y axis properties, right?
  • Are you using keep source format?

Can you share screenshot of your template (especially bit where you setup min and max - you may need to take few screenshots with all the steps you are doing) and maybe output of your report so we could see how this data is being published in excel and what format it is in (you can dummy up data and remove all branding or sensitive data as long as you don't change  skeleton of report and number formatting. 

Dee1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech

Thanks for your reply.

Below are my screenshots as requested. Source data are straight forward data in %. I have tried a zillion ways to fix the end results (last two screenshots as examples). Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Dee1_0-1590385593910.png

Dee1_1-1590385617436.pngDee1_2-1590385625021.png

Best regards

Dee

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First thing i notice on your screenshots is that next to your 0.0 and 1.0 you have an "Auto" selection.

When I edit my axis bounds, after putting values I get to see: "Reset", but on your screenshot you still have "Auto" options which i am assuming is causing chart to ignore values you entered

1.png

Dee1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your assistance - Reset is the key!!!

Best regards

Dee

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Does it mean it works for you now?

cheers

Lech

Dee1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, finally!!! It had been puzzling me for days on end.

And I am ever so thankful.

Best regards

Dee