Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Excel Error when having more than 4 table objects

Hello,

I was asked to create a excel report through NPrinting with 5 different tabs and each tab has a different filters applied to the data but when I create more than 4 table objects I'm receiving the following error but when 4 it works perfectly fine. Wondering if anyone has come across a solution for this or have any ideas of a work around. Thank you! 

Asuod__0-1660749846637.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In this scenario I think your approach using object filters is correct. You have to create single filters each one with both conditions because you can apply only a single filter per object. If you have more than one entity per worksheet you have to manually apply the same filter to all of them. 

Related to the error you had when adding latest Excel worksheet I suggest you to check the filter and be sure it is not returning an empty dataset. The same if you are applying also report or task filters. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

In this case, you do not need individual table 'object' filters.

All you need here is the 'page' feature in the NP designer. 

Again this is a basic feature of NPrinting that will create a tab for each dimension value. (if you do not create an NP filter, all dimension values will be created: one dimension value per excel tab.

If you need only specific dimension values for the year dimension) to appear, then you will need to create an NP filter that contains the values you want the 'page' feature filter on. 

ie: if you have 10 years of data in your 'year' dimension but you only want to use 2021 and 2022, then you create a filter that included 2021 and 2022. Two tabs will be created with a year for each tab. 

Once you create the filter you need. simply add it to the NP report.

You do not need to add multiple table to the template editor in this use case.

For this use case you only need a single xlsx tab/sheet and a single table object added to the tab/sheet

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Appreciate the reply as always! So to explain a little more in-depth what i need is 3 tabs in an excel report each filtering the data differently. 

Category Sales Product
Home Goods 100 Chair
Food 400 Hot Dog
Clothing 600 Shirt

Referencing the Sample table above I need the following:

Tab 1 - All Data (No Filter)

Tab 2 - Category = 'Food' and Sale > 500

Tab 3 - Product = 'Shirt' and Sale < 500

Correct if im wrong but I dont think applying pages would work here since I need to filter data from multiple columns. What I currently have is 3 different table objects, one for each Tab and then I apply a static filter for the last 2 Tab to each table object. That seems to work but interested in going another path if it is more efficient.

Also if I have a date field in the table object how can i change it from a number to a date? i have selected the specific date field within the table object and unchecked the box for 'Keep Source Formats' but im not sure what to put in 'Format' field so that would convert the column into a date or is there another way to do that? Thank you!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In this scenario I think your approach using object filters is correct. You have to create single filters each one with both conditions because you can apply only a single filter per object. If you have more than one entity per worksheet you have to manually apply the same filter to all of them. 

Related to the error you had when adding latest Excel worksheet I suggest you to check the filter and be sure it is not returning an empty dataset. The same if you are applying also report or task filters. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Ruggero_Piccoli is correct given the actual nature of your requirement which is clearer now.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!