Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting Excel Forcing 24 Hour Format

Qlik Sense Version: November 2019

NPrinting Version: November 2019

Building an Excel NPrinting template and I have a field that is a Date/Time field.  In the Qlik Sense app the data is showing up in a 12 hour format but when that field is pulled into NPrinting and previewed it is switching to a 24 hour format.  I've tried applying formatting in the designer but it does not make any difference.  I tried clicking on the field and and unchecking Keep Source Formats but all of the formats I'm trying are returning numeric values. Is there something I'm missing? 

I attached a image showing the Qlik Sense table on the right and the NPrinting output on the left.  

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Okay, I think I found a solution but it seems unnecessary.  Here are my steps:

1. Adjusted the loadscript for the field to this: DATE(RequestDt_Local,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt') AS [Trip Date/Time]
  2. Opened NPrinting and deselected Keep Source Formats
  3. In the cell in Excel (A7 in this case) for the data I manually adjusted the format to mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM

This finally produced the desired effect but I'm not sure why these hoops were needed.  Here are the errors I ran into:

After step 1 above I tried previewing the report but now I was getting dates but no time, only a colon:

"8/31/2019 :" instead of "8/31/2019 08:32 AM"

Trying to put the format into the properties window either returned an error or reverted back to the 24 hour format.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You should remove the Keep Source Format and apply the new format in the Excel cells. If this doesn't work open a support ticket, we need to investigate the specific case, because it should work.

You could also force Qlik Sense to export a formatted text as workaround.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Do I remove it at the table or field level?  I removed it from the field and applied MM/DD/YYYY in the Format field and it's throwing an error saying Row or Column number cannot be zero when trying to preview.

Adding the Keep Source Format back and it previews fine.

Using Excel's formatting on the column does nothing.

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Okay, I think I found a solution but it seems unnecessary.  Here are my steps:

1. Adjusted the loadscript for the field to this: DATE(RequestDt_Local,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt') AS [Trip Date/Time]
  2. Opened NPrinting and deselected Keep Source Formats
  3. In the cell in Excel (A7 in this case) for the data I manually adjusted the format to mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM

This finally produced the desired effect but I'm not sure why these hoops were needed.  Here are the errors I ran into:

After step 1 above I tried previewing the report but now I was getting dates but no time, only a colon:

"8/31/2019 :" instead of "8/31/2019 08:32 AM"

Trying to put the format into the properties window either returned an error or reverted back to the 24 hour format.