Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
BI & Data Trends 2021. Discover the top 10 trends emerging in today. Join us on Dec. 8th REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Excel preview error

HI guys,

I have a generic error in QlikNpriting preview and task using excel template.

When I try to run the preview from an app, I have this error, so much generic ... I try to put TB01 and the fields and I have the same error.

I send the table to excel in qlikview and my excel file has 10 columns and 1048576 of rows per sheet (Qlikview give an excel with 4 Sheets each one with 1048576 ), this is a problem? I don't know where start investigates the problem.

GenericErrorNpriting.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support
Support

Hi,

1048576 is the maximum number of rows that excel can export. Your actual out put is likely higher that thus not able to be processed by NPrinting.

NPrinting may be timing out or unable to process the additional rows due the the row maximum limitation in MS Excel.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002491

I suggest using an Nprinting filter to ensure that less than 1 million rows appears in your output.

Hope this helps...

We are just 'like' you and like to be liked when providing a helpful answer. You may also press the 'Solution Accepted' button if an answer provided resolves your question or issue... Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Support
Support

Hi,

1048576 is the maximum number of rows that excel can export. Your actual out put is likely higher that thus not able to be processed by NPrinting.

NPrinting may be timing out or unable to process the additional rows due the the row maximum limitation in MS Excel.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002491

I suggest using an Nprinting filter to ensure that less than 1 million rows appears in your output.

Hope this helps...

We are just 'like' you and like to be liked when providing a helpful answer. You may also press the 'Solution Accepted' button if an answer provided resolves your question or issue... Cheers!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Thank you.

Highlighted
Support
Support

Glad we could help!