Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.
Trying to create a new NPrinting report based on a Qlik Sense app and when I try to preview the template it is giving me the Failed to Open error. I'm set as an Administrator in NPrinting and these are the steps:
1) Create App in NPrinting
2) Created Connection and successfully ran the verification
3) Connection successful and the Cache generated
4) Created the template and can see all of the objects from the app.
5) Added one image and dragged that onto the template.
6) Hit preview and got the error.
I tried this with multiple apps and visuals with no luck. Another user with the same rights as myself created a template without issue and when I use the connection he created it works. This leads me to believe there is an issue with my connection but the tests ran successfully.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
We are running Qlik Sense version April 2018 Patch 1 and NPrinting version November 2018 18.104.22.168
What type of object is inside the NP report? NP doesn't support Pivot Tables. What type of report you developed (excel, pixel perfect ect?)
It's an image of a pie chart but I had also tried a KPI and bar graph. Tested in a Word and Excel report.
Ran one more test afterwards and it looks like a section access issue. I unchecked that box in the connection and the preview worked. Now I just need to find out why.
So, two things about that.
1) If so then why is there a check box for section access?
2) It works correctly in one of our other environments with Section Access selected in the connection.
The connection and cache work fine both with and without the section access checkbox selected.
We are comparing our two environments to see what is different in the setup.